Dexter

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm glad they finally revealed that Gellar was Travis's dark passenger. They've been dropping hints all season long so I was starting to think it was too obvious and they'd reveal he was real. Afterwards on Sho Runners they talked to the show runner and he revealed that outside of the writers the only person who knew Gellar was in Travis's head was Edward James Olmos. Even the directors didn't know. When they had Gellar and Travis in a cafe the director had them place a cup down for Gellar. They had to interrupt the scene and remove the cup. Colin Hanks wasn't informed until they filmed this episode. They didn't want him conscious that he was interacting with an imaginary character all season long.

It's creepy that Louis was the guy who bought the Ice Truck Killer fake arm. And they showed it while he was banging Batista's sister. Is Louis was weirdo killer or an innocent collector?

Finding out a drunk Quinn banged an older overweight woman and that they took pictures was so damn funny...I had to stop the show to laugh.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The actor who plays Quinn is 35.

LaGuerta is 48.

The daughter was 20 and the mother was half way through her 40s.

This was ageism.

That mother was significantly more age appropriate than the daughter.

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah but Quinn likes 'em young and thin . Hence it being funny.

4. Guy Gardener

Dude is going to jail soon.

"She said she was 18!!"

5. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

No big surprise at the end there but a good reveal nonetheless. What I found more interesting was the implication that the Nerdy forensic intern might be a killer and Batista's sister his next victim (I'm bad with names apparently)

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Ugh, thought the reveal was lame as hell myself. Dexter has been trying to track down Gellar for ages, yet he wastes all that time setting up his kill room and talking to his dad first (just so he doesn't get to see Travis talking to himself), and then he descends into a basement that has, surprise surprise, Gellar dead in a freezer (just so he can be trapped down there by Travis).

It was just all so painfully obvious and contrived.

The shame of it is, the basic idea of Travis and Gellar was a good one. The writers just did an absolutely terrible job of disguising it.

Sadly, I think I really have to agree with this assessment of the series right now. At this point most of the originality is gone, and it's starting to feel like just another procedural.
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20548333,00.html

7. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Jesus, there was so much wrong on the factual side of this episode:

Unrealistic councelling:
    So the department's shrink had absolutely no idea about all the shit one of the officers went through? Really?

Bullshit Technobabble:
    Tracing down the IP-Adress of a website is serious business now? Come on! Those public Adresses aren't a secret! If they were, the internet wouldn't work!
    And Wlan-dude should think about using some fucking encryption...

Miam Metro work ethic:
    Allegedly having scanned the entire room for traps, but then missing 5 big fucking bowls of blood at the ceiling? That's just bad form.

Do some research, writers!

Don't get me started on the twist that never was one.
    I found it funny how Louis showed off his apartment. What he didn't mention to Jaimie was, that as a video game designer he barely gets any sparetime to actually spend in it.

Dialogue of the Week:
    The Body was missing a hand. Any idea why Gellar took it?

The writing is on the wall.

The only redeeming thing about this ep was Deb.

8. davejames

Not to mention, are we really meant to believe Travis killed the professor and orchestrated that entire scene while Dexter was stuck in the elevator??

I suppose it's possible he went there beforehand, but that's not the impression the episode gave. Otherwise, why go through the trouble of trapping Dexter in the first place?

9. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gellar's been dead since the beginning of the season. He's been an imaginary figure similar to Dexter's father.

10. davejames

Yeah I know, I was talking about the athiest professor they found in the theater.

11. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

Enjoying the show more now that I've accepted that it's a shitty show. Like someone said, at least this is better than last season.

12. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

13. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I want Lumen back. Not the Lumen whose Dark Passenger suddenly disappears in the Season 5 finale. But the Lumen who was a bit crazy, smart, has a special bond with Dexter, and can scary in the kill room. Them together was different and interesting which this current season of Dexter has been trying to be but failing and disappointing in many ways.

14. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^Yeah, I miss Lumen too. I liked S5 and that was mainly because of the dynamic between her and Dexter.

15. davejames

I though their dynamic was a really interesting one, I just could never buy Stiles as that character. A sweet, wholesome girl like that gets raped and severely brutalized... and then decides she's going to become a serial killer and hunt down her attackers? Yeah right.

Maybe if she had already been a fairly dark, troubled character (like a Lisbeth Salander type), and this is what finally sent her over the edge, that would make sense. But not the way they presented it.

16. Joe Washington

I have a really bad, creepy feeling about where things are going for Dexter and Deb, based on tonight's episode and the preview of next week's episode. I think the showrunners are having things lead up to Deb realizing that she has romantic feelings for Dexter. Just I think the show can't get any worse. If they do this, then it will truly be the end of Dexter as we know it. What are the writers thinking? I mean, thinking about it gives me actual chills down the spine. It would completely ruin Dexter and Deb's brother-sister relationship. Yes, they aren't really brother and sister but they are legally through Dexter's adoption.

17. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

The writers of Dexter have been thinking? Even the much-lauded season four mostly coasted on the performance of John Lithgow. The show hasn't been sharply written since season two.

18. Joe Washington

Amen, my brother. Those were the good, old days of Dexter when you would feel addictively drawn to watching every episode of the season in a good, exciting way and not out of a sense of obligation that are driving most people into further watching Dexter.

19. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Season five used up my sense of obligation. It didn't even have a strong special guest star to carry things along like seasons three and four (Jimmy Smitts; John Lithgow). I haven't even tried season six, and judging from what I've read, I don't think I've missed anything.

20. Guy Gardener

It's not that bad.

The problem is that this season is one long joke.

The first season was 12 jokes.

Each season successively had less jokes.