What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I played Splatoon during the pre-launch stress test (marketed as a demo) and I want to buy the full game, but I don't want to spend $80 on a single game. Stupid Canadian dollar.

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Well it wasn't really trying to be. It's certainly a lot more than a DLC but it's a nice intermission between RtCW and New Order.

New Order rushed in a little, Old Blood fills that gap better and has so many shout outs to the old games it's worth it for that alone.

Being in the catacombs of this side of the castle was amazing, it was like playing the undergound levels of "Return to..." the first time, gave me the creeps like it did 14 years ago. That and the humour and insanity of the levels is ramped old like the old games more than New Order.

I picked up Battlefield Hardline today and apart from a lengthy install of the campaign and rather shit ADS aim initally, it's a decent enough game in it's own right.

It does feel different from the BF1-4/BC series and barely feels like a BF game at all at times. It's got a pretty good 80's bad cop action movie feel when it kicks off, or you can move about the levels through stealth in a smooth enough fashion actually.

You really need to be level 3-4 with the shotgun or P-90 before things begin to move smoother gun fight wise though, the early pistols are shit except for the Colt, and even then ADS is a pain in the ass.

The "episode" format instead of levels is nice too, gives it another 80's cop show level of fun, down to the "next time on..." thing when you save. :lol:

3. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

It is disgusting. I was able to pre-order Splatoon from Best Buy a few months ago when they had a 10% off pre-orders sale. It helped, but it didn't even bring it back to the original at-par price.

Kinda sucks to be a Canadian gamer with the prices at this point.

4. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I managed to get it for £1. Tesco had it at £29 and an offer to use their loyalty points at double value. So spent £14 of those points and therefore it was £1. I was in two minds whether to buy it but at that price I couldn't resist.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I had the last two days off work, which doesn't usually happen. I was tired and lazy, and I didn't have anything better to do, so I ended up replaying the whole story of "Uncharted 2."

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

The fiancé and I picked up Halo: MCC again to finish up the Halo 4 campaign in co-op and to get going on the remastered Halo 3: ODST, reaffirming ODST's firm placement in my alltime Halo top-three list.

7. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

I have to say, SPCTRE, if Microsoft does not reneg on its more user friendly position after their original plans pre-release of the Xbox One, I may just end up getting one myself. I always liked the Halo games, and I'd love to see how the earlier titles beyond H:CE were remastered.

Also, If I got an Xbox One, I'd be waiting for State of Decay remastered. I loved that game on the 360, and as long as there's new content on the XB1 version beyond what was offered even in expansions for the 360, I might just have to revisit my views about the Xbox One. :)

8. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I've got Halo 4 on the way, after trading for it with Shift 2 Unleashed. So I'm excited. Right now, I'm playing Ghostbusters, and it's a blast. It feels like a third movie.

9. martok2112

Bouncing between Elder Scrolls Online (PS4) and Destiny (PS4).

10. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Gears of War Ultimate Edition Beta.

11. martok2112

My favorite things to do in FC4 were to glide with the body suit, or fly in those little mini-copters.

I also loved taking over enemy strongholds. With a bit of tactics, you can even take over ones that aren't quite recommended for you to try and tackle yet. :)

12. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I just did one of the fortresses in single player. Took me forever to get the Sleeping Saints, or whatever it's called. I'm now 33% complete and if I'm honest it's kinda getting a bit boring at this point. Though the save says I've done 15 hours so that's not bad going.

I just noticed Thomas Was Alone was just added to my PS4 library and had a quick blast on that. I love that game.

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

First impression: It's Gears of War.

14. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Alien: Isolation

15. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been playing fallout 3 on PS3 and enjoying it. Its not the first time I've played it, but I'm still finding a bunch of quests I never did before, which is cool.

16. martok2112

Indeed. I've played Fallout 3 to completion several times, and still have not found what all there is to do in that game.

17. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Been busy playing Pokémon Shuffle lately for the lols. Been saving up coins and just training up some of my Pokémon.

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Quite a bit of Destiny, which these days for me means more than one hour. Pretty happy about it!

19. martok2112

Yeah, I've still been bouncing between Destiny and Elder Scrolls Online.

And all that's bound to change, or at least, add another game into the bounce mix once I get done singing tomorrow night....Batman Arkham Knight! :)

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Batman is so close! Aaaaaahhhh!!!