What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I just played that one, and honestly after all of the raving I'd heard of it, I thought it was only average at best. Personally I much preferred Resonance. The Blackwell series is good too. Also just played A Golden Wake which was good, and historical.

2. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been casually chipping away at Ocarina of Time on the 3DS for about six months, and it's freaking *fantastic.*

Admittedly, I am really biased: OOT is one of my favourite games, and has been since the late 90s, but the remastered graphics really work. Sometimes I play with the 3DS enabled, but usually not.

I've been taking my time to work through the game. It's like a rich, unsweetened chocolate that want to savour and enjoy in small amounts, appreciating the complex tastes and smells.

This weekend I made it to the Spirit Temple. It's actually the first time I made it through the Water Temple all by myself (without my eight-year younger brother to do it for me.) I thought about getting him to do it, but he has kids and a family and stuff, and that might have been awkward...

The recolouring and enhanced graphics of the Water Temple must have eased the temple's frustratingly tedious complexity; it only took me an hour, maybe 90 minutes to beat, whereas it took my about 10 years to beat it on the N64.

Can't wait to pick up Majora's Mask after this, although I wasn't too fond of that one when it came out.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I really need to get me one of them newfangled Gameboys.

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Diablo III UEE and a bit of Forza Horizon 2 (Porsche expansion)

(XBONE)

5. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

God of War 3 Remastered. I can't seem to get in to it. I did play all 3 on PS3 one after the other and burnt out on them.

6. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

My room mate and I are playing Aliens: Colonial Marines in co-op campaign. Definitely better to play with our own screens instead of split-screen. But still, it's a pretty frantic game to play. And of course, shouting lines from the movie at each other as we fight on....

"They're comin' outta the goddamned walls and floor!"
    "This is a big fuckin' signal!"
    "Eat this!"

and then after some defeats, if one of us starts saying something like: "Well, we did pretty good that round." The other might reply with: "Maybe you haven't been keepin' up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!" :D

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

why are you doing that to yourselves

8. martok2112

Because it is not an entirely unenjoyable game.
    Yes it is very flawed. Yes it fell far short of what was promised.
    But it's still not too bad.

Let's just say, I like it far more than Duke Nukem Forever, which I took back about two hours after I bought it and got my full money back. :)

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

That's not exactly high praise :D:D:D

But hey, more power to you guys for getting some enjoyment out of it! The wife and I tried to play it co-operatively when it came out, but we stopped after maybe 40 minutes. What a clunky, messy thing. Too bad! Could have been a great diversion from BL2 for us ;)

10. AnarchoWookiee

AnarchoWookiee Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

KOTOR2, Jedi Academy, Star Trek Online and Deus Ex: Human Revolution

11. martok2112

Believe me, I know the game has flaws.....and it was outsourced to some obscure developer so that Gearbox (the ones originally contracted to do A:CM) could focus on Borderlands 2.) I've seen the footage of what was supposed to be, and what could've been, and the end result is a bit disappointing. Still, my roomie and I didn't feel too detached from the ALIENS universe....the set pieces still looked very familiar, the pulse rifles handled about the way they seemed to in the movie, the sounds were familiar. Some of the Marine dialogue was a bit hinkey, but it didn't bother us too bad. All told, I wish we'd gotten the game we were promised and shown instead of the flawed, sub-par final product because Gearbox didn't have the balls to take the project on fully. But, I'm not entirely dissatisfied either. :)

One of my favorite cutscenes in the game is seeing a fleet of APC's and Lt. Reed's dropship charging into battle. That is a shot I would've loved to see in an ALIENS movie.

All told, A:CM was far and away still more worth the wait than Duke Nukem Forever. I still think Alien Isolation is far better. Different dev, same distributor.

Trivia note: If I have my characters and actresses straight, Ashly Burch, who played Lt. Reed in A:CM is the voice of Tiny Tina in the Borderlands games. Talented voice actress. :)

Got all of those, and a couple of weeks ago started revisiting Jedi Academy. WOW! I forgot how clunky the controls were sometimes. :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  12. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finally got Heroes Of The Storm to work. :)

13. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Last week I was playing Until Dawn, which has amazing graphics even if the storyline is a little goofy. I'll definitely be replaying it a few times in the coming weeks to see what hell I can put the characters through :evil:

I picked up Mad Max last night and am enjoying it pretty good so far. Chumbucket is a pretty cool character and it's pretty fun tearing around the wasteland blowing shit up and ramming vehicles into cliff faces.

14. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Getting back on with Dragon Age Inquisition, trying to get my second playthrough done before the final DLC comes out next week. Third playthrough is already at Skyhold and I plan to stick mostly to the story for that one, so it shouldn't take as long.

15. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Played some Metal Gear Solid V : The Phantom Pain yesterday...
    It's awesome...

16. AnarchoWookiee

AnarchoWookiee Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

BioShock Infinite.. Might as well try it as I got it for £1

17. martok2112

If, by chance, you played Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, how would you compare the two?

I definitely want to get MGSV because I loved MGS4. (At one point, I rated MGS4 as "a perfect video game".) :)

Right now, I'm back to playing Resident Evil 4 HD Remaster on PS3.

18. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

I did play 4(and 3 and 2 and 1)...
    It's less linear and closer to something like Assassin's Creed when it comes to the open world part or Red Dead Redemption thanks to the Horse...
    But every story mission starts and ends the same like an episode of a TV show with opening and end credits(including Kojima's name plastered all over them)...
    The side missions can be a bit weird though, did one where i had to save a sheep...
    The Fulton Recovery systems is very fun to abuse and you can use it to extract animals as well, i did it with a bear...

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrA6vxcqqM4[/yt]

You have to use it on a pup at the start of one of the early mission to get the D.-Dog buddy...

19. martok2112

Definitely wanna get MGSV then. :)

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Getting ready for TTK (and Halloween).

[​IMG]