The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I wonder if Sam lived. Rick told him where the prison was, so I wonder if he will end up there? Or he could end up crossing paths with the governor, and possibly join him being that he may be upset with Rick.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I think Sam is too easy going to be upset at Rick for leaving after Sam failed to show up.

3. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

In World War Z, the zombies looked like something out of Goya--they were at their most frightening at a distance--rolling along like a pyroclastic flow.

They might have just lumped in "anti-viral" with antibiotic.

Give me some of what he was on...

I would have kept Carol and covered for her. You need strong folks like that. I would have made sure she cleared any actions with me in the future...

You don't need an alcoholic as part of the group--but he does have skills. That is the tougher call.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Very good, very powerful episode. But, argh! We have to wait until next week to see Daryl's reaction to the loss of Carol?!

And there's your sting!

I guess The Governor is the one feeding rats to the Walkers at the fence.

5. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow. There has gotta be not too many people left in that prison at this point with so many dying off.

The Carl/Rick shooting of the zombie surge was pretty damn awesome.

6. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Tense episode. Loved Maggie's reactions.

Rick: watched Hershel do and say exactly what Carol said earlier, making his treatment of her assbrained at best.

Carl: Now he's in gunslinger mode. Let's see if he keeps his humanity when the Governor hurts one he cares for.

Hershel: Sort of odd that he did not want to kill early on, when he was picking off walkers left and right in the season 2 finale.

Daryl: Clearly, he's not going to be as understanding as Maggie about Carol's fate.

The Governor: he's too well groomed, so I imagine we will see his new location and group soon...

7. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Kickass episode, probably the best of the season. Herschel's a boss and I love how much he got to do here - Carol wishes she had his strength. Rick and Carl vs. the Horde was great, glad that Maggie finally got some real focus. Maggie's agreement with and Herschel's (presumed) understanding of Rick's actions was really nice, and while I'm sure Daryl's gonna have a much more negative reaction I'm pretty sure he comes around.

:rofl: Nope.

8. TREK_GOD_1

Carol was right: anyone infected to that degree dies and reanimates. This played out with Caleb, and various cellmates, including the people killed by Glen and Hershel. They did not have medicine in time to save Karen--or anyone in this latest episode who lost their fight with the disease. Moreover, Caleb did not have IVs for everyone, and they're forced to share the airbag, so after the passage of time--and no guarantee of a treatment--chaos kicked the doors open, and Lizzie and Hershel nearly lost their lives.

Rick's misguided, sympathetic stand was all for nothing.

9. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I figure they'll use the Daryl/Rick Carol conversation to distract a bit, giving some room for whatever Philip has planned to catch everyone by surprise

10. TREK_GOD_1

Agreed. I suspect he's hooked up with people similar to the woman Rick encountered in the woods.

You know what that means.

11. Thestral

Carol: took it on herself to go ahead and kill people because she decided it's better to just give up.

Hershel, Glenn, and Sasha: fought and fought and exhausted themselves to save as many lives as they could - and put down the dead, but only once they lost their fight with the disease.

What Carol and Hershel did are not the same.

12. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got to say I don't see it that way. Carol did what she did to prevent contamination from spreading, which was ill conceived, because it spread anyway. A wise person would know that was happening. The point of survival in a group should be to give everyone every chance to survive that you can. Would Karen have survived? Not likely, but that's not when you put a person down, & it wasn't why Carol did it

You don't leave people for dead or put them down just because things aren't going your way. That's what... The Governor does. What Rick did was a matter of principle. In this kind of survival mode, you're only one corner away from a situation going badly. You can have no unity if you know that a unit member is one bad turn away from ending you for whatever greater good they perceive. That was the problem with Shane & to a much subtler degree, it was the problem with Carol

13. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Carol had to go because she wasnt able to interact with a group anymore. It's like how Michonne was--she had to relearn how to be with people. Carol lets go of the group and distances herself (hopefully only temporarily) and Michonne lets go of her vengeance and is smiling--they play off the same theme. And Carol didn't really argue too much, she knew she didn't belongs anymore--at least not for now.

Now, with the Governor back in the picture...?

The walkers were fed by someone inside the prison--nothing has shown the Governor has been inside during this time. Though he may have been leading the walkers there.

I think Rick's estimation of Carl just went up, and he seemed to like that he and Carl could work together.

14. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great episode --- glad that Hershel got the focus...but what happened with Darryl's group, that it took them so long to get back?

AGree with those that say what Hershel did was very different than CArol.

I totally understand Rick's procrastination with Darryl.

And...the Governor!!!

Can't wait till next week!!!

15. sojourner

So you're saying he snuck in to feed the walkers from the other side of the fence? Nah, I still think it was the little girl. Especially after tonight's episode.

16. TREK_GOD_1

What did Hershel do as he passed one cell after another with increasingly sick people? Caleb balked at Hershel's conern, as he realized what was happening. Did Hershel think he was going to save them all--with no clue about the whereabouts of Daryl's party?

What did he tell Rick they should do with the bodies? Burn them--a logical solution Carol reached before anyone else.

There's no time to play games with the inevitable.

17. sojourner

Burn the dead bodies. Not kill the living. Quit conflating shit.

18. Thestral

^ Yarp.

19. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Best episode of the season... with the Governor in the wings...!

20. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

The episode was like a tense bow string. It was a continuous pulse in that string, stretching ever so tight. Hell, I knew they'd delay the inevitable Rick/Daryl/Carol reveal. TPTB weren't going to pull that trigger right away. Gotta ratchet up the interpersonal tension.