Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ncc71877, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know who would be an awesome guest writer on the book...if such things were to ever happen...Paul Cornell :) I'd love to see what he'd do with the Smallville'Verse.

2. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

That could be interesting. Personally I'd like to see them get Mark Verheiden to do a few issues. He wrote the old Smallville comic (and episodes of the series as well) and penned some really good Lexcentric stories. I'd love to see what he could do with Lex in s11.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  3. Admiral_Young

I just kind of want to see a Smallville-ized of the Lois 'bot :) LOL.

4. Admiral James Kirk

I'd buy that for a dollar! :D

5. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Geoff Johns should do a fill in arc as well. Maybe something with the Smallville JSA. It might be the only wat we'll ever see some version of Courtney Whitmore again.

6. Admiral James Kirk

I agree with you about Geoff Johns, though I'd prefer an arc with the Legion rather than the JSA.

7. Admiral_Young

I'd like since Clark is Superman now...for the Legion to return and take him into their time. This was obviously not really feasible given the budget restrains "Smallville" was under at the time, but since this is a comic book...a three issue arc or something like that would be awesome. I actually really miss Geoff Johns on the Legion of Superheroes, Paul Levitz has lost his touch and his plots are too erratic to follow...which is why I reluctantly dropped the book.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is there a risk of likeness issues popping up and limiting what characters can be used, or would they have free reign to bring back any character from any episode?

9. Admiral_Young

Since they're introducing Batman, I see no reason they couldn't bring back or introduce other characters. I have said earlier in the thread I feel like we could get Diana introduced eventually. I feel like the sky's the limit for this book.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was thinking more about having to deal with actors if they decide to bring back a guest character from the show. So what I mean is, if they did bring back Dean Cain's character like you were talking about earlier in the thread would they need to get his permission to use his likeness, or would that automatically be included with everything else form the show?

11. Admiral_Young

No. They've already been using actors likenesses pretty well in the book, so I see no problem with that with guest actors.

12. Admiral James Kirk

That would be really cool. Since we're talking time travel maybe Clark could go back in time to the 70s and team up with the JSA in their prime. If anything it would be an excuse to see Carter Hall again. I really enjoyed Michael Shanks portrayal of the character and it was a cryin' shame when they killed him off.

Speaking of Hawkman... do you think we'll get to see Katar Hol in Smallville? The Justice League wouldn't be the same without a hawk on the team.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

What about Hawkgirl?

14. Admiral James Kirk

15. Admiral_Young

I think pretty much any character Miller wants to use for Season 11 is up for grabs, like I said they're introducing Batman and Nightwing so that should immediately suggest that means any character is possible. Hawkman and Hawkgirl would be great to see. Stargirl or members of the current period Justice Society would be awesome. I do think that Miller has a masterplan here. If the digital comic continues to be a success (I haven't actually read anything or seen anything that it is or isn't since DC doesn't keep track of digital sales) we could get a season twelve next year.

Also it would appear we're on hiatus again this week?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  16. Admiral James Kirk

:scream: Goddamn it! I feel like I'm back in the 90s! That's when I was reading the Superman line each and every week except... Except for the dreaded skip week that would happen every few months where there would be no fucking Superman book! :scream:

:scream: I never knew what to do with myself during skip week and I still don't know what to do! :scream:

:scream::scream::scream: I need my fuckin' fix! :scream::scream::scream:

:( O Smallville, Smallville wherefore art thou Smallville? :(

:confused: \S/ :confused:

[​IMG]

17. Admiral_Young

I wonder if Brian and Kelly are reading the comic and thinking...Bryan is doing this better than we did!! ;) That's an awesome poster :)

18. Admiral James Kirk

I don't deserve too much credit. I just uploaded a picture and typed in some text. The wanted poster generator did the rest. :lol:

19. Admiral_Young

I shouldn't keep attacking Brian and Kelly...they were the showrunners and head writers so it makes it easy, but the show did have a bunch of mediocre writers. I think Don Whitehead and Holly Henderson wrote a bulk of the episodes as well, remember them being one of the better ones?

20. Admiral James Kirk

Well I don't agree with you on Brian and Kelly but I do my share of attacking Miles and Alfred, so I can't really talk. ;)

You'd have to name a few episodes Don and Holly wrote. I'm drawin' a blank on them right now.