Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dingo, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

Does anyone remember this particular 1990s series? I do, mostly the first three or four seasons. I stopped watching it after high school and missed the last four or five seasons. I'm glad that there are DVDs of the series I can always purchase.

Isn't Nostalgia wonderful?

I remember this series creeped the hell out of me as a kid but it was a good time to watch it.

So here's to Old School Nickelodeon and thanking God for DVD.

2. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

It turned to crap after season 3 IMO

3. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

I was a kid in the early 90's, so yeah. I also watched double dare and that kingdom of the lost monkey or whatever it was.

I was always amazed that the kids could never figure out how to put together the three piece (!!!) monkey puzzle that they had likely seen constructed on tv hundreds of times.

Nick had some strange programming to say the least. I have to say I really respected the subversive nature of Ren and Stimpy.

4. Sephiroth

Legends of the hidden temple, I was on that show and my partner spent all the time in that monkey room, i never even got to run through the temple :(

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Really?!

Some of those kids on there were frickin dumb.

6. Sephiroth

tell me about it, that kid they teamed me up with got a good beating later (he was a stuck-up little rich shit)

7. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

Wow, the dark side of Nickelodeon game shows rears its ugly head.

There were some decent episodes after Season 3 that I recall, but I do remember a general decline in quality programming in Nickelodeon after the mid to late '90s.

8. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I remember it. Good show. Canadian, too.

9. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

I'm actually watching some good videos online of full episodes and am rather pleased that all eight seasons are on DVD (something my next big DVD boxed set spending spree is gonna focus on). Looking back at it with some ten years since having seen the last episode I think that the series is compelling. Thank God for Youtube.