The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I doubt there is a new type of walker.

As for the soldiers, they specifically represented a threat to the governor's leadership in that they were well armed and trained and not used to obeying civilians. The governor has no problem inviting people in small numbers that can be absorbed into his rule. And you said it yourself, the soldiers were surprised and caught in a cross fire, they never had a chance.

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

3. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

Well, as you can probably tell, if they followed the comics, she would have only lasted until the end of the season (maybe even the end of this half).

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Wow, that was brutal. Both the c-section scene and the final prison yard scene were the most wrenching things on the show to date.

Carol is going to freak out when she comes back. She was practicing surgery on zombies so she'd be prepared to save Lori. :(

5. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not if she/they believed him when he said he'd give it back when they left.

6. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow that was epic, went by so fast! Almost seems like a season finale rather than a 4th episode. It's a shame T-Dog died, he seemed to be getting more lines recently.

7. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

In a sneak clip, seen on Talking Walking Dead, Ms. M- has her sword back and threatens the governor with it.

8. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

That episode was brutal. I was so tense.

Lori's ending was just wow. She sacrificed herself to save the tot. Her goodbye with Carl really got me.

Why did Maggie not give Carl the tot and check Lori's vitals and shoot her? Granted cutting a person open must have been mind blowing even after all they have been through, but, don't leave the woman's kid to dispatch her.

I just have to ask the comic book readers. Is Axel a rapist? I am getting that vibe from the show.

Going to go back and read the rest of the thread. I had Dish so picked up season 3 a little behind everyone.

9. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Axel was not a rapist, though he was a little perverted. He "accidentally" walked in on Lori and Carol while they were showering, for example, and often made sexual comments about the female survivors. At the end of the day, he was a relatively decent addition to the group, though - he helped clear the prison of walkers and set up defenses.
    There is another prisoner I could mention that tangentially addresses this question, but I'm going to refrain from doing so, even in spoiler code, on the chance that tv show Axel might be given that character's actions.

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Don't worry, someone a couple pages back already answered the second part, also in spoiler code.

11. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

No...just no.

12. TREK_GOD_1

C-section with proper entry to avoid major arteries, no clamps, no transfusion in case she lost too much blood...in other words, unless she somehow forced a normal vaginal birth, she was doomed.

Even if she was back in the cell with Carol and the limited medical supplies, her chances were not good.

All of that because she screwed the (thankfully long gone) beady-eyed psychopath. I guess that was her price to pay.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  13. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

Same name of character too....from your spoilers, as was killed in episode 2.

14. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I was surprised that T-Dog died as I always figured he was just a crew member who accidentally wandered onto the set from time to time.

15. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

16. TREK_GOD_1

That is so wrong! :lol:

17. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Indeed. :rommie:

Plus which, it would make the Zombie Apocalypse a Workman's Comp issue.

18. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, I agree there was little chance of survival for a woman prone to needing a c-section, but she died like almost immediately after the incision & not long after she'd had some kind of rupture which was revealed on Maggie's hand

It just seemed a little forced. Nobody even checked her pulse

19. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

people keep going on about that but I don't know how it makes any difference. They didn't wait for Dale to die either. She was bleeding to death, there was no way to save her at that point, why draw it out.

20. Bob Karo

Bob Karo Captain Captain

I agree with you. That would make sense.

The problem is that the governor is more like a cult leader. He's recruiting people who've been isolated and are looking for security. A group that's made it on their own and bonded are too hard to bring under his control. A group that sticks together in his new society is a threat to his position as "savior."