Trek Dream

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by sbk1234, Oct 12, 2012.

1. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Last night I had a dream about Star Trek. In my dream, I was watching the "original" version of Star Trek Nemesis, before it had been re-shot and edited by the director. (not in real life, just in my dream.) And it was TERRIBLE. I remember being so embarrassed by watching it. I even commented that I liked Nemesis better. Fortunately, I woke up and it was only a dream.
    I mean, Data even sang in my dream. How ridiculous was that?! Oh, yeah. But still...

Who else is willing to admit to Trek dreams? As much or as little details as you want.

2. kolibri

kolibri Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I had a dream a few weeks ago where I was Starbuck, fighting a war inside this giant enclosed Aztec-themed Disney ride, shooting at people from behind pyramids in the jungle. The Voyager crew was also there, including Janeway, who towards the end of the dream I started trying to kiss. Oddly, Worf was there too, wearing huge, red wrap-around granny style sunglasses.

It wasn't particularly Trek-centric but it was entertaining nonetheless. :lol:

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

My last trek dream was a month or so ago. I was in an underground cell with Shran and Reed and Shran died in order to help us escape.

4. BirdInJetstream

BirdInJetstream Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Couple of nights ago I had a wierd dream. It was about Janeway dying. She looked healthy but everyone knew she will die in few hours. And she was perfectly fine with that. I was really upset, I had the impression she doesn't understand that this is serious and not some sort of theatre play. I tried to talk to her, but there was no chance. Too many people around her. She even climbed voluntarily into the coffin. I was very upset about it all...

5. teacake

Tonight you will dream of The Eternal Tide.

It will be glorious!

6. BirdInJetstream

Didn't read that book. She simply reappeared? Or was it the Tolkien way to be dumped naked and shivering somewhere where people will find her?

7. teacake

I fantasized in some thread that she would be dumped naked and shivering but the damn magic deliberately (and it was stated as such) included her uniform in her re-creation.

Idiots.

8. BirdInJetstream

I see I have some thread reading deficiency...

9. teacake

You must devote your life to the VOY forum Bird. DEVOTE.

10. BirdInJetstream

LOL
    Right after I tried another dream...
    Good night

11. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

I dreamed I'd been assimilated by the Borg once. Truly horrible experience. I;d rather die than have it happen in real life.

12. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Years ago (I think it was around the time First Contact was coming out) I remember having a dream. I was in the kitchen, sitting at the back of the table in the corner, with my parents (my older siblings could have been there as well, I can't remember).

Suddenly a horde of Borg come through the door. I ducked under the table, but a drone found me and reached out with his cybernetic hand to get me, only the attachment at the end was a hoover. Think I woke up then as I can't remember any more.

A little bit weird :)

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've had two dreams about being in the Riverside shipyard where the Enterprise is under contruction in STXI. One was a school trip (where I was annoyed we were only getting to see the factory beneath and not board the ship itself) and in the second I'd snuck into the shipyard at night, over a chainlink fence, and was being chased by guard dogs and security guards with flashlights!

14. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

During the latter part of DS9's run... I had a dream I was watching the news. Everything was normal every day life, but the news reports were reports regarding the current status of the Dominion War.

LOL

15. kolibri

kolibri Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I had one last night that Ro Laren, played by modern day Michelle Forbes, and I were on the Enterprise. We had transport some cargo on a shuttle to somewhere and she was complaining that it would be such a long trip.

I woke before I got to spend an extended amount of time with her in the shuttle, unfortunately.:scream:

I dream about whatever I watch on TV, so I have Star Trek dreams all the time.

16. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I had a ST II dream last night. An alternative movie that had many endings like the last installment of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

In this setting, I was seated in a theatre with a local talk host. It was the future, and everything was interactive. As it turns out, right after you see Spock slump down opposite the glass in death, and Kirk slump on the near side in dispair, A person (off dream I suppose) beamed a dying Spock into a stasis chamber. Sort of like the DC comics that filled dead spaces in films with stories.

They even made it to Earth. Every square inch of nature was gentrified, removed of all trash. Tube trains running by rivers that formed long streets.

Spock was kept alive and even alert, but it could not last. He was very weak.

I managed, while in my seat, to--as kirk in the film, throw away a hypo filled with a fluid that would end his suffering, as McCoy wanted (the "Remember" deal not setting in yet).

There were endless debates. The crew was surrounded by cyber gawkers who intruded on their privacy. People questioning why they did what they did in space.

I could begin to see why the crew wanted to stay away from this clean dystopia.

At last, sitting on a bench near a stream that was perfectly straight and gardened on either side, Kirk made the decision to let his friend go. I woke up before I saw him use the hypo.. Here, in the dream, Enterprise had just preliminary repair in Spacedock, was sent back out to the Genesis planet, where we see the tube funeral.

There they returned straight away.

17. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I wish I could do that!

I've had only two Trek dreams that I can remember. The first was when I was a kid and TOS was the only Star Trek series available. I managed to encounter a Starfleet landing party that was trying to prevent aliens from corrupting the past (my present). I ended up injured by rock debris from a phaser blast, as a bystander cowering in some nearby bushes. They defeated the aliens but realized I was hurt and had to be taken care of. So they beamed me aboard. Dr. McCoy took care of me and then later on Captain Kirk stopped by to check on me. He was genuinely concerned, easy to talk with... And he ended up letting me stay on board to recover while they went on another mission. I got to go through the ship's libraries and learn all kinds of things about the ship and Starfleet technology, similar to how Gary Mitchell did it in sickbay (but of course not nearly as fast). Kirk had ensign Garrovick check up on me periodically and I was able to talk him into letting me accompany them on an away mission. I got a tricorder and a communicator to use, but no phaser. Then somehow I managed to slip and fall down a crevice that formed when the ground gave way. Nobody saw me. The communicator was damaged and could receive but not transmit. And there I sat in a pit, unable to be located because of the composition of the surrounding rock materials. The only other thing I can remember is hearing Captain Kirk on the communicator, apologizing for not being able to find me, but that they had no choice to leave on an urgent assignment. Trapped on an alien world with no hope... So what started out as a fun dream turned into a nightmare.

18. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I've never had a Star Trek dream, though I've been trying for 46 years. But I do a lot of sci-fi imagery in Poser, so that probably sublimates it a bit. Fantasies involving female Trek characters are another matter though, and best left unsaid.

Recent Poser render:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  19. teacake

Skin tight dresses with nipples showing.. I'm not sure how "unsaid" that is :lol:

20. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I plead complete innocence! That's how the uniform models were made, and I bought them. :angel:

Though I did give the Vulcan bigger boobs. :devil: