Star Trek: Renegades

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Danlav05, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Kirk the Jerk

Kirk the Jerk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh wow this looks sooo good! Cardassian make up looks perfect, Breen! Tuvok! Doctor Zimmerman! Icheb! JOHN CONNOR (:rommie:) seriously cannot wait for this!

2. Kirk the Jerk

Kirk the Jerk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Question: How old is Chekov in this? Surely he'd be in his 80's +

Edit: ah answered my own question :rommie: If Chekov was born in 2241 and this is set around 2389 he'd nearly be 150 :cardie:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  3. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wasn't expecting much, since the first teaser was a bit odd, and the shots of the costumes were terrible. But then came the first images of the alien make-up, and now this...

I'm getting a bit more excited.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The same age as McCoy in "Encounter at Farpoint" and Admiral Archer in ST'09. People live longer in the future.

Nice teaser trailer!

5. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

...And of course Kirk in TWOK! Some people are allergic to Rednox 5 ;). As far as the caps go we see tons of them in JJ's films.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

^And early episodes of Enterprise. Seems that in 2386, early 2150's/late 2250's retro is cool again:cool:

7. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

Sun glasses also seemed to be very fashionable in STID along with some very strange hats, so maybe some people just like them.

8. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

It will certainly be interesting to see how all the various pieces which have been sprinkled out to us will coalesce together in the finished project and if/how it will all live up to the promise of that recent (and yes, much better) trailer. Definitely looking forward to it.

9. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Best looking fan project ever! Sean Young? Wow, definitely worth kickstarter money.

10. doubleohfive

Renegades has updated their Facebook page with these images over the past 24 hours:

[​IMG]

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1417664_682474921783904_1284034992_o.jpg[/qimg]

[img]https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1471381_682474648450598_763176210_n.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

just an FYI, The middle 2 are from Star Trek: Of Gods and Men not STR.

12. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is that Robert Picardo on the far left (last picture)? sporting a stylin' Dr Sevrin set a' ears?

13. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

That's him!

Originally he wasn't going t make it, but he was able to work it into his schedule.

14. doubleohfive

Picardo is great. I was working late one night a few years ago and he called the office of the show I was on, looking for my boss. We were trying to cast him as a guest star in an upcoming episode and my boss had worked with him before..

While trying to track down my boss, I had a great conversation with Picardo, who just was the nicest guy. Glad to see he'll be in the production as well!

15. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

16. doubleohfive

I liked it. The inspiration from JJ's trailers for Star Trek Into Darkness is clear, but it's just not cut quite as fast, so it loses something for me. That, and the "Transformers"-y title at the end took me right out of it. Worse, I still have no clue what this picture is going to be about.

Otherwise, the thing looks like it was shot beautifully.

17. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Month after the Kickstarter that trailer just brought the show bursting to life for me. It's shot beautifully and in HD, there is a lot of drama and it shows off new and old characters alike.

The uniforms have grown on me - of course they needed new ones as we've moved on since days of the First Contact ones, a hybrid of the TOS, Monster Maroons and TNG style.

It's great of course to see old friends like Tuvok and Chekov back in action and I admit being surprised (in a good way) to how different this is to Of Gods and Men. It feels fresh and new, aren't we lucky to have this in a world when JJ only produced 1 movie every few years?! Even so, I like JJ's films but at least this revives the prime timeline.

I admit I find it difficult to call it a 'fan film' when official are involved and the standard is so so high. To me OGAM is the seventh TOS film (even though the prologue of Generations is set before and is so important to the plot)

It leaves you thirsty for so much more, can't wait to see the finished pilot/movie!

18. Mimi

Mimi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

While I have my reservations, I am honestly quite looking forward to this. You can tell there's a lot of love behind the project, which is more than I can say about some of the official releases over the past few years. Love seeing all the alien characters.

19. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

I think I preferred the previous trailer. I'm not sure what exactly is up with the opening narration and Tuvok seems to be wearing a paisley waistcoat, which isn't really logical. It is nice though, to see a fan film that visually could be a modern TV series.

20. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

It's a little overwrought. I also don't have any idea what's going on except there's a new planet and Chekov fears the Federation will collapse.