Terminator-209 "Complications" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Nov 17, 2008.

?

Grade "Complications"

1. I'll be back! (Excellent)

34.1%
  2. Come with me if you want to live! (Above Average)

54.5%
  3. Thank you for explaining. (Average)

9.1%
  4. Hasta la vista, baby! (Below Average)

2.3%
  5. You are TERMINATED! (Failure)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

You know, I can see Brian Austin Green as Captain Kirk.

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Temporal Causality examined. Finally discussed on Terminator.

3. highlander

highlander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm with Captain Janeway. Temporal mechanics give me a headache!!;)

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

The future is the past, the past is the future.

By the way I was recently reading that one of the rumored names for the missile defense shield in Europe is Skynet.

Ok fingernails.

5. Quantum

Quantum Captain Captain

Doesn't the paralell universive theory make all this pointless. At best they might help beat skynet if a few possible futures... They will never win...

6. highlander

Yep fingernails.

7. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Poor guy. Sent to prison and made bitter because of something his future self did.

8. HighteeHeller

HighteeHeller Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think that might have been my favorite episode yet.

9. highlander

THERE ARE 3 DOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Also no matter what you do time will still go about its course. Fisher is in prison like planned.

Just like how Kyle Reese was always John's father. It was paradox looping itself over and over

11. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Theoretically the only way for Terminator to work would be the multiple universe theory. It explains how John can continue to live despite all the timeline changes. The parallel universes are really nothing new anyway. The death of Andy Goode showed that. We also know now why Derek was the one experimented on. It wasn't the Resistance Fighter Derek that is fighting with the Connors, the one who will be experimented on is still a kid.

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

As for the episode I rated it "Come with me if you want to live." It was a good episode and expanded upon the series a bit more and made the universe more intriguing. It confirmed the parallel universe theory that the fans have had for years. But, I have to say this, recently Zack Stentz said on TerminatorFiles that they didn't use the comics in any way. This storyline is starting to mirror one of the comics from the early 90s almost to the point that it is a live version of that story.

13. highlander

I went with above average. Not a lot of action, but the story was advanced nicely. The look into Derek and Jesse was a plus also. Can't wait for next week!

14. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

They looked like needle-nose pliers with 90-degree bent jaws. Cam uses something similar to pull out Vick's chip.

I enjoyed this episode. For me, it's still up in the air as to whether or not there are multiple universes. The theory is enticing, but it's also possible that Jesse isn't being truthful. More hints of possible emotions for Cameron as well. So, nx, will this be touched upon in Episode 11 now? Summer Glau is great as usual.

I liked the watchmaker jokes. And good research regarding the Omega 321.

15. Quantum

Quantum Captain Captain

So in Derek Future he doesn't get tortured by Fisher and ends up hooking up with Jessie.

In Jessie Future Derek gets tortured by Fisher and Jessie hoos up with Derek.

So the Jessie on the show isn't the Jessie that Derek new from the future.

This leads me to belive that the derek on the show is the "real" derek as in the Derek that was before time started to Loop. The kid Derek that was seen in the first season is Jessie's Derek that will end up being tortured. So this means that somewhere there is the "real" Jessie which I assume is approx. the same age as the kid Derek is now that is the Real Derek future Girlfriend.

See makes perfect Sense...

P.S. If Jessie would have shot Young Fisher would Old Fisher just vanish?

Jessie Kills young fisher >
    that means young fisher never goes to jail >
    which means he doesn't end up torturing Derek >
    which means Derek never tells Jessie >
    which means Jessie never kidnaps Old Fisher>
    which means Jessie never kidnaps young Fisher
    Which means jessie never kills young fisher or old fisher

which means either that young fisher never goes to jail to survies judgement day and torture Derek

or

young fisher goes to jail for something else or goes to jail for being framed for the hack by old fisher

rinse and repeat

16. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Once I figured out what was going on, I actually thought it was a really good episode. It makes sense that things have changed since they've completely contaminated the timeline. BAG and Jacobsen were good, as were the guys playing Charles Fischer. I'm kinda of getting tired of Sarah's problems but it's good to see her and John on better terms. And hey...I didn't have a problem with John for the first time in weeks. His line about them not being murderers is very John-like.

Poor Ellison...he's turned into a punching bag for metal.

Loved seeing the Star Trek trailer but it would have made a lot more sense to have aired that during Heroes.

17. Siwilliams

Siwilliams Fleet Captain

Excellent episode. How creepy was that seeing the terminators peering through the windows? Creepy! Next times episode looks good too

18. Siwilliams

Siwilliams Fleet Captain

Awesome news

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

If you go by what you just said most likely no. It seems when people jump back they're protected from changes to the timeline. If they weren't then Derek - after killing Andy - would have reset to a timeline where Andy Goode was dead and not involved with Skynet. We've seen the changes too in Doctor Sherman is now important and filling in - essentially - where Andy Goode left off to help Skynet develop personality. I think we're seeing not one but MULTIPLE timelines convergining in this show.

20. Siwilliams

Siwilliams Fleet Captain

Sarah Connor's dreams/nightmares are getting weirder and weirder