Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

The Gears fanboys would scream "copycat!" in that case I'm sure :lol:
    BTW, I'm surprised you guys had difficulty telling that that was supposed to be Miranda. I thought it was pretty obvious.

What I love about that painting is how vulnerable she looks. I guess we didn't get to see her let her guard down often in the game (and no, shagging MaleShep doesn't count ;)).

Eye of the beholder I guess ;)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  2. stalin2005

stalin2005 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Now that I'm replaying ME2, I do wonder what the impact will be of Aria if you've aided her with her Patriarch and the conspiracy of the mercenary gangs. Does anybody have an idea how that could impact the fight against the Reapers?

3. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

It certainly could have an impact on the broader conflict with the reapers.

Shepard will have to unite the Council races (as well as the Terminus systems maybe?) against the Reaper invasion forces, so the power struggles on Omega might play a role in that.

4. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I think that might be working up to it for. Both Jack's loyalty mission and The Arrival DLC had rain, but not in combat proper.

Yeah, I think the context of the piece feels a little out of character for Miranda. I mean can you see her ever not being clean and well presented?

I can't see that having any wider implications outside of Aria's relationship with Shepard being affected depending on how it's handled.

We do however know that Aria and Omega will have a significant role in the upcoming comic book mini.

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just liked the #3 FemShep. And those paintings posted above are pretty awsome. Even though it's not a very good likeness of Yvonne Strahovski, I was still able to identify Miranda in the one of her. I think the main thing is the nose, it just looks weird for some reason.

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Yeah, I can totally see that - when she is completely by herself I'd imagine she sometimes lets her guard down for a while.

Remember those chatlogs/messages from her dossier at the end of LotSB?

8. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Round 2 of the FemShep vote is now open.

9. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

oh...yes...the red head hits the spot...

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it looks like the red haired one is in the lead and deservedly so. (Not that I had a problem with the blonde one of course.) I'd vote for her myself but I can't seam to figure out how.

Incidentally, I just noticed some updates on the official site's 'N7 Ops' section. Not much, just a new description of Tuchanka and some more info on the new Cerberus troopers. Plus the main page has a new gameplay video (complete with some god awful pre-alpha character animation.) I'm liking all the roly-poly smacking people in the face business. Looks like fun.

11. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

^ You have to first "like" the page in order to "like" the picture that you want to vote for.

I also voted for the redhead.

12. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

I have this red hair thing going on lately....Should've known this was going to become obsessive when I chose Gaara .

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Plan to get the ME 2 final DLC soon, which is going to make me very annoyed at no ME3 in 2011 because once I start I will want my ME Fix to carry on :lol: dam Mass Effect you addictive swine.

14. Goldenbird

Goldenbird Lieutenant Red Shirt

Thank god I have time before the third game comes out. I'm still pissed that its ages away from being released but at least that gives me time to redo the first and second game with the same Shepard. My original girl was lost when the xbox decided to die on me so I have to start all over again. Isabelle Shepard you will be avenged even if I have to sacrifice a saturday night to do so!

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It's not ages away, just about seven months away now.

16. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Just noticed they've put up some high-res shots of the various femShep concepts in the official site's wallpapers section. Wish they'd done that from the outset (unless they did and I missed it) the shots on facebook were a little too small to get the fine details. It made them a little hard to distinguish the faces beyond the generalities like hair style/colour & skin tone.

17. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

DID you hear on X-box LIVE that they said that ME3 merely ends the Reaper Shepard Saga and they were already looking to another Saga?

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Yeh EA after ME2 said the universe will carry on but with new characters or even a prequel. I would love to see a sequel with the galaxy devestated after the war it leaves big power vaccums leading to new faction rising in a intergalatic war for control of the post reaper galaxy.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  19. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

No prequels...
    But a most Reaper war...with all the tech they're bring out....out...hell-to-the-yeah... I wonder what other angle we could take on that.

20. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

There's no shortage of speculation as to what they'll do post ME3 (a post-Reaper MMO or a First Contact War era action game setting seam to be the most popular options) but realistically, I don't see them giving it any serious thought until after ME3 goes on sale and they switch over to DLC production.

The IP is broad enough to accommodate any number of scenarios and indeed gameplay genres other than 3rd person RPG. It's wide open.