Smallville#8-13: "Power" Discuss/Grade <SPOILER>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Jan 29, 2009.

?

Grade Smallville#8-13: "Power"

1. SUPERMAN

4.5%
  2. Above Average

18.2%
  3. Clark Kent

27.3%
  4. Below Average

18.2%
  5. BIZARRO

31.8%
  1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds kinda dirty.:)

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

BIZARRO.

This show is really coming at it from both sides now. Not content with having the male character's shirts falling off as a matter of routine, they've trying to present the queen of misandry as a supposedly sympathetic character now ?

After she was done kicking Reagan to death, she starts panting and licking her lips like she just came, for f***'s sake.

3. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

seems the polling is pretty low for this episode, most agree it was a step backwards

4. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

It was "Spell"-level bad for me. How they could make the infinitely more talented Allison Mack direct an episode centering on the useless, god awful Kreuk for her debut I do not know.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Nah Clark will go to Jor-el and get a black shield(hopefully not a cellophane shield ;) )

The shield absorbs Doomsday and that's it

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

No, they're planning a fifteen second fight that will involve Clark, angst, and pining over Lana.

7. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

That's about what I'd expect at this point.

:rolleyes:

8. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

Clark solidifies his feelings for Lana in a crystal he calls Angstonite which only Doomsday and the viewers are vulnerable to, and Doomsday rolls his eyes to death.

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ As well as what is left of the dwindling fanbase...

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I'll second that...wouldn't be surprised if they botched the Doomsday storyline which is why I said that I assumed we would eventually get a resolution, most likely long and drawn out since we have nine or ten episodes left. In a couple of weeks after the Feb hiatus we are supposed to get an episode dealing with Davis's origin first mentioned by Fauroa before Christmas.

11. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Even the Christopher Reeve "Superman," at his best, never seemed to learn that lesson. I haven't really been keeping up with Season 8 all that much. From the sound of things, it would seem that I haven't missed too terribly much. As much as I love Lana (and, aside from Othello, I seem to be one of the few on this board who do), I agree that her story arc would have been better served being left as it was at the end of Season 7. Hell, I'll do you one better and say that it would have been ideal for her to leave as she did at the end of Season 6, with her faked demise in the car explosion.

12. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

On the contrary. Season 8, as many will tell you, has been a great season for the most part and an improvement on previous seasons.

Alas, the shit started hitting the fan as soon as Lana returned.Fortunately the season will get back on track as soon as miss Kreuk finishes her 5 episodes and leaves for good.

13. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, really? Huh. Interesting. Perhaps I'll get around to checking out some of the previous episodes in Season 8 and decide for myself. Still seems kinda weird without Kreuk, Rosenbaum and, stranger still, Gough & Millar!

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Um. two, maybe three weeks from the now, the suit goes balmy. It starts killing her. Why did she go to that pain guy unless the side effect of the suit was continuous and crippling pain? But, legion ring and the Kids in the 31st century repeat what they did to brainiac... or Clark just fixes/replaces that phantom zone doohicky he was supposed to use on brainiac...

I liked the story, but there was room for a b and c plot if lana wasn't wanking the whole way through about how cool she is now.

15. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Looked the same to me.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't like it either. Looks pretentious or something.

Absolutely. Great hat.

I liked it too.

Me three.

I like her because she's so cold. But yeah, it does wear thin after a while.

I'm stopping you right there. That's hot.

All in all, it's disappointing that they decided to revisit this Clark/Lana thing. Move on already. They set something up wth Lois and now they're backpedaling. Even the powers bit has been done before. It was still cool though. It's been nice to see Lana develop into the person she's become. From popular cheerleader-type to wealthy sophisticated globe-trotting mercenary. Thumbs up.

16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

By the way, where was Lana staying? That looked like Chloe's apartment. Did it suddenly become Lana's?

17. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

The apartment above the Talon is home to not only Chloe and Jimmy, Lois was still living there (although she did say she was looking for a new place, but we haven't seen it yet, and then she went off to Star City with Jimmy in "Bride"), and now Lana is there with furniture of her own it seems. Lots of people for what appears to be a pretty small studio apartment.

The Kent Farm has become the reverse to that scenario. Clark now lives there all alone and the farm seems as well tended as ever even though he is now working at the Planet. Now, it is conceivable that he does his farm chores at super speed in the blink of an eye (aside from milking the cows that is), but it still seems odd. I know he lent the back 40 to a neighboring farm, but there was a lot more to it than just the back 40.

18. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure Chloe stated to Clark that Lana was staying at her apartment but I don't have my DVR copy to verify that.

19. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeap, it had improved which is why this backsliding is terrible for the show.

20. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I thought they said that too.