Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Candlelight, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I feel like it is probably the heavy story arcs that make his tenure seem so much shorter rather than the broken schedule of airing the episodes. His whole second season is s blur to me looking back on it.

2. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

Seriously, Steve Valentine.

3. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

No, I agree.

The split seasons are part of it. The heavy arcs in each season are part of it (because it makes the stories feel like part of a larger story). I also think it's the presence of Amy and Rory for such a long period of that that contributes to the feeling that Matt didn't have that long a run and was just getting started.

4. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

The last week or so I keep thinking how cool it could be to cast Patrick Stewart.

5. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I've got a sneaking feeling it's gonna be Tom Ellis...don't ask me why I have nothing to back this up apart from a vague feeling...oh and the fact he won't be returning as Robin Hood in whatever show he's in (Grimm or something) because apparently he no longer has the time ;)

(Edit. Apparently he might be in Downton...drat I thought my Starkers Sense was onto something...)

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or Al Swearengen. :lol:

7. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

A man between the ages of 30 and 40. :techman:

8. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A person. ;)

Sincerely,

Bill

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I'm really sick of this personist agenda going on. We didn't need a person in my day!

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

It will be an actor.

11. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Howard Stretch is 12?

[​IMG]

12. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

Who in the heck is Howard Stretch?

Even Google doesn't know the answer...

13. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

First of all, the photo of Sherlock is NOT. It's of ELEMENTARY, the CBS (USA) re visioning of Sherlock Holmes, NOT Moffatt's (BBC) version. This is wrong in so many places.

14. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

After doing a (small) drop of checking, there is an ELEMENTARY crossover with Doctor Who (sort of). Sean Pertwee is joining the cast.

15. chelly

chelly Commander Red Shirt

I got to say that is interesting way to get people to read your articles. Though I don't think it would garrentee the readers will stick around. Elementary is pretty good though I think I prefer BBC's version

16. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

While I'd be happy with an "older," more seasoned actor playing the Doctor, I'd be just fine with a younger man... As long as he played a more serious Doctor.. Smith is young and the script played up to that with lots of childishness and carrying on... I'd love to see the Doctor be a bit more sullen and serious, ala BC in Sherlock... I don't want the doctor to BE Sherlock, but just someone who has a bit more seriousness going on about him (which can then lead to humourous situations of their own)...

17. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

As Lestrade, no less. Which led me to send an e-mail to a Sherlock Holmes mailing list titled "Sean Pertwee Is Lestrade!" (aping the Doctor Who Magazine cover headline for the new Doctor announcements).

18. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Doctor Who News believes Peter Capaldi is the front-runner now

For those who may have forgotten, Capaldi appeared as Lucius Caecilius in Doctor Who's "The Fires of Pompeii" as well as John Frobisher in Torchwood's "Children of Earth."

I would love this to be true for two reasons. One, I loved him in both of those performances (especially as Frobisher), and two, he's an older actor (55), which would be a nice change of pace from the last couple of actors.

19. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

He's a great actor but I suspect that it's unlikely that they'd cast someone who's already played 2 roles in the Whoniverse.

Besides, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be waiting for him to start going all Malcolm Tucker at the villains and calling them all sorts of imaginative swear-names.

20. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh god no. I think he'd be terrible. Would be interesting to see how he'd work, but overall, I think it's too much of a big risk.