Wiped Episode Discoveries

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Allyn Gibson, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Morris has since jumped on twitter and launched a (friendly) barrage against you-know-who:

So, um... yeah...

2. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Anything that brings Ian Levine down a peg is good with me.

3. Candlelight

If anything this will make him more irate, and I can imagine there being a demand for Morris to reveal his sources. I hear conflicting stories as to who found the long lost pilot episode (some say Sue Malden, some say Ian Levine) so it will be interesting to see how Levine reacts once he peels himself off the ceiling.

4. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

That's promising news, but I can't help but worry that it's going to go the way of the omni-rumour. Some fans clearly see things as "Found/not found" but Morris doesn't want to get hopes up. Those statements could easily be "we've found something but we're still in the process of figuring out how recoverable" to "we've got a very promising lead".

As much as I'm intrigued by the whole process, I'd rather not know until we're almost at release stage. IT'd do more harm than good to come out and say "We've got Power of the Daleks" to only turn around three months later and say "Well only one episode was recoverable."

5. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So to me it sounds like...

More episodes: Yes

Released in the Short Term: No

Omnirumor: Bollocks. (Obviously.)

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Morris's statement about not wanting to jeopardize the project implies, maybe, that he's in delicate negotiations to acquire something from somebody (private collector, perhaps) and doesn't want to blow the deal by revealing too much too soon. Although of course that's just as speculative as anything else people will be guessing about this.

But the very fact that it's not a "no" would seem to indicate that there is still at least a real possibility of more recovered episodes.

7. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Overall, it's minimally good news. Not an outright no, as Christopher says. But, not sure which programs, and not sure which episodes, if any. But, it sounds like he has a lead at least. That's better than no lead. But, then again, it's not necessarily related to Doctor Who, which is what I'm most interested in.

Glad he posted that though.

Mr Awe

8. Candlelight

More likely a film store in a foreign country.

Phil has been going over paperwork provided by Paul, Jon, Richard and the like, and is following the path of overseas sales. Just this evening he was posting on Facebook from "inside a dirty film archive" though in an undisclosed location. It would be great if there's several missing episodes just sitting somewhere waiting to be discovered but we'll see. Remember he's not just following Dr Who sales but ALL BBC sales, so if he finds a batch of Out of the Unknown there might be Dr Who episodes there too.

Time will tell.

9. Candlelight

It's a good thing the media didn't take Phil's optimist comments and make a story out of it.

Oh no wait...

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Oh, goody, more ammo to set Ian Levine into a tail spin about :eek:

11. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To be fair on this, journalists are under relentless pressure to deliver pieces, their bosses know what they're interested in (and ask if there's anything new there),, and Mark is one of us and an ok guy.

12. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

The story is actually fairly good because it's not over-sensualized or presumptuous, nor does it take Phil out of context. It merely restates what he said in his post with some background history on the search in general.

13. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

The typo that turned "more missing episodes" into "most missing episodes" will get Levine and the omnirumour bunch going.

14. Mr Awe

Actually, I thought the story was very good in that it made it clear that nothing else is in their hands and there is no impending announcement or release. Nothing in the pipeline. So, all of the announcement on such and such date rumors are just wrong.

Mr Awe

15. Candlelight

16. Mr Awe

^ That gives me hope!

Funny story, I actualy spoke with both Deborah Watling and Frazer at the 50th celeberations and Deb said that she knew about the previous finds but was specifically told by the BBC not to tell Frazer because he'd give it away!!

Now, if there are new finds, he's showing remarkable restraint!

But, I suppose it could be about something else.

Mr Awe

17. Candlelight

People are saying either:

- Missing episodes
    - Christmas episode appearance alongside Capaldi
    - Something entirely unrelated to Who/ personal etc

18. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

19. Candlelight

Only if you realise 75% of his followers on twitter are solely for that tv show he did in the 1960s. :)

20. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I would love the second. :)

Now I'm imagining a riff on "The World Shapers" with Capaldi instead of Colin Baker.