Lost 5x08: "LaFleur"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, Mar 4, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

57.6%
  2. Above Average

31.8%
  3. Average

8.2%
  4. Below Average

1.2%
  5. Poor

1.2%
  1. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Who knows. Maybe they actually were there, hidden as a "seed"... and we missed them.

(I remember the creators of Futurama pulled off similar tricks in two key scenes fairly early on in the show - one of them right in the very first episode, in fact. Thank goodness they were able to go back in the fourth season and see those seeds blossom...)

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Aside from the fact that they probably didn't think of this back then, that would be way too much of a spoiler. Having a regular cast member filmed in the background would be sure to leak and we'd have known about it by now.

3. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, what you say makes sense.

But...*gazes into middle distance*...a man can dream, can't he? A man can dream....

:D

4. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Excellent. Great episode and count me in as another fan of Juliette. Kate grates on my nerves, especially when she doesn't do as asked/told. This episode did more to answer questions and shed light on the overall story.

5. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

could Richard Alpert and the statue be Ra (Rah), Egyptian God of the Sun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra

Ra was said to take on many forms and be incredibly old as he would age with the sun.

Richard's initials are RA. Coincidence? I think not.

Possible theory though that I'm sure many have come up with.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  6. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

Two pages back in this thread:

7. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

ah, yea, i skimmed thru the past pages and didnt see it, even did a text search for RA, but found too many ra combinations in other words. so i gave up and just posted anyways. MY BAD Chrisspringob!

8. mirandafave

mirandafave Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

AceAceAce had the coolest info on who the statue might be - the Egyptian God of fertility, pregnancies. Being damaged might explain the birth problems.

Cool episode. Slowed down after the previous hectic ones which suits with the end of the flashes. Mad to see Sawyer and co. as Dharma initiative guys.

How far off are they from meeting Ben in original timeline? Who is Amy's child or am I thick in not knowing the answer to that already? Probably yes. Why no birth problems.

Had been anticipating Sawyer and Juliet ever since Season 4 helicopter splash finale when on the beach they turn to each other. Great to see it come to pan but then Kate shows up. Actually like Kate [shouldn't admit that] but God oh she gives Sawyer and jack headaches but more fool them for taking it. Especially since either could have had Juliet instead.

Will they get killed by Ben's takeover?

How does Horace feature in?

By taking the name Le Fleur 'Flower' is it a hint at the Orchid?

Statue - coolness - but not sure we'll ever go there again

How do they get back to their own time?

Where are other flight people - in particular Ben and Sun - assume the two who ran off in John's time but when?

And really where are bernard and Rose and et el?

Excellent episode.

9. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Yay! I get to visit the Lost forum, and I get to post in a thread! And there's no danger of being spoiled! Voted "excellent". Really enjoyed this episode. I have enjoyed this season more than any other, I think. I really liked the Sawyer/Juliette stuff. :)