Star Trek Continues, Episode 4...

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Warped9, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Captain Jed R.

Captain Jed R. Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Part of me keeps wondering whether all these super-duper-awesome "fan" projects that are really just independent Trek films that might as well be professional aren't going to end up with somebody, somewhere in CBS or Paramount deciding "well **** this noise" because of all the comparative publicity they're grabbing, but hey ho. Price we pay for nice stuff I suppose, and we can still enjoy this stuff while it's here (in so far as one is able, and I must admit I don't enjoy Continues as much as I ought to, meaning no disrespect to the production).

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  2. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Finally got around to seeing Episode 2 and 3 of ST Continues. Looking forward to their next episodes.

3. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I worry about those things as well, but exactly, all the more reason to enjoy it while it's here.

4. Captain Jed R.

Captain Jed R. Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

:techman:

5. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

It's an interesting situation for CBS. As long as the fan productions are not generating profit and taking money away from official Trek merchandise and production CBS is getting basically free advertising promoting its property. I'm sure they're aware of the popularity of these fan productions, but as long as they're not losing any money they're taking a live-and-let-live attitude to it.

Speaking for myself I wouldn't be spending on money on the JJtrek films or merchandise tied into most of the past films and the last three series anyway so CBS isn't losing anything from me on those. STC doesn't cost me anything other than kicking them a few bucks during their Kickstarter drives and that's not a noticeable loss to CBS because given the right product I would spend money on certain types of "official" TOS merchandise authorized by CBS.

6. BoredShipCapt'n

I wonder if Todd Haberkorn would be up to the challenge of a Spockocentric episode. Not expressing an opinion either way, just wondering out loud.

One of the hardest things to get used to has been the obvious age difference between him and Vic Mignogna, which is a tiny bit greater than the Shatner-Nimoy discrepancy. ;)

7. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

What do you have against Harry Mudd? He hasn't appeared in any other fan film that I'm aware of, and he was created to be a recurring character.

8. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Three episodes of his shtick is more than enough.

9. BoredShipCapt'n

Two strikes by itself, or was something else the first strike?

10. OpenMaw

OpenMaw Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The only novelty in bringing him back would be if the original actor could reprise the role. That's a little difficult, to say the least. :(

11. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

I don't want to see Harry Mudd, either. Both he and Cyrano Jones are a type of "comedic" character that I really don't enjoy seeing. I have nothing "against" Harry Mudd, he just lends himself to a story type I don't like.

12. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

I believe Phase II has had a Harry Mudd episode in the pipeline for while now but the Animated Series is the only time Cyrano Jones has returned.

13. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Harry makes a very brief appearance in Project: Potemkin's "All in a Day's Work" (S04-C) which was shot this past weekend (although Harry's scene was shot a week earlier). The episode is expected to premiere in 14 months (November 2015).

14. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

What I mean is revisiting a past character (strike 1) and that character being Mudd (strike 2).

15. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

16. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    It was announced on Facebook that James Kerwin will be returning as director.

17. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping we start to get some tidbits or clues as to what the next episode might have in store for us.

18. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm really excited to see where STC goes next. The cast has been phenomenal. Was really taken by surprise at Lou Ferrigno's guest appearance. My favorite episode is definitely "The Fairest of them All."

19. jojolimited

jojolimited Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I agree, that is what separates STC from all the rest, regardless of era.

20. jojolimited

jojolimited Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, I enjoyed DS9 even more than TOS, but horses for courses.

p.s. Recently watched an episode of "Have Gun will travel" written by Gene Roddenberry. Showed lots of the concepts he explored later in TOS. Plus...Palladin is the original "Equalizer".