I.S.S. Titan & I.S.S. Ares

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Titan Designer, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re: I.S.S. Titan & I.S.S. Ares

Here is a little something that I finally had to do.

I give you my take on what I see as what the bridge of the Titan
    might look like.

I have gone with a blending of the Ent-D and Ent-E Bridges with a little
    Of Voyagers.

Also they have described in the novels that the Bridge does have a slope
    from the upper to the lower sections. I left the describe railing on the
    upper section off.

While creating this I also decided to create the I.S.S version for my Dark
    Mirror Universe fans.

*Note* This is by no means the official design, unless the powers that be
    Over at Simon & Schuster or even CBS decide to adopt it.

Hint, Hint Marco...

Enjoy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

That's damn fine looking bridge. It's nearly how I imagine the Titan's bridge to look like when I read the books. I also, in my mind's eye, gave the bridge a horseshoe slope with command area. The only thing I saw differently was that I gave the bridge warmer colors like the TNG bridge with navy chairs.

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I like it but there seems to be a lot of unused space in the back. Maybe it's just the perspective.

4. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Looks great. Almost makes me feel at home now seeing that the Titan's bridge does look close to the Ent-E's design. This would be interesting to see if IDW ever decides to do a comic on Titan.

5. Titan Designer

I would love to see a Titan Comic. I would love to be the one to draw it as well.

6. Titan Designer

Here are my next bridge designs. Since I had a few requests to a full Galaxy Class Refit design, here they are.

I give you the Command Decks of the I.S.S. Enterprise from the Dark Mirror Universe,
    And the U.S.S. Challenger Commanded by Geordie Laforge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Cary L. Brown

Cary L. Brown Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Interesting work, Sean...

I'm trying to figure out exactly what you've done here that's "different" from the conventional Galaxy layout, with Sovereign consoles, and the color schemes.

I'm satisfied with the look... it's consistent with what we've seen before. My biggest "nitpick" would be that it's probably TOO consistent... I'd be more in favor of the bridge being STRUCTURALLY fundamentally different than the Galaxy's bridge (even if the general console arrangement remained the same).

I really think that, if I were at CBS or Pocket, I'd want something that wouldn't confuse the audience into thinking that they were looking at the 1701-D's bridge.

That's my ONLY "nitpick."

8. Blip

Blip Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've got to agree with Cary's point to an extent - uniqueness is key when it comes to a comic. I'd probably keep the major structural changes to a minimum though, simply because I wouldn't anticipate a refit at this relatively early stage in the vessel's lifespan to be so drastic.

At this point my biggest nit concerns the perspective issues on the bulkheads above the pot/starboard wall consoles - there are a lot of errors that I can see...

Also, why give the captain extra standalone consoles? He's going to have to reach over the arms of his command chair rather awkwardly just to tap in a few commands, I think! ;)

9. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

I too agree. I like the art work, but Titan's bridge looks like D's bridge from Generations with FC Conn/Ops consoles.

This is a whole new class. Go crazy! How similar was D's bridge with Defiant, or Voyager's for that matter?

I did this Akira class bridge for an RPG a while ago:
    [​IMG]

It has some sovereign elements sure...but some unique ones, such as the single forward helm (borrowed but not copied from Voyager) and the fighter ops station.

It's also friggin' huge. But ignore that. :D

10. Titan Designer

I you read the books, they described the bridge as being like the Ent-E, but with a slopping down to the lower section. They also decribed it with having Railings on the upper portion, but I chose not to place them on my version of the bridge.

This is just my take on it. Not official like the ship itself. Others are welcome to design their own. I personally like what I came up with.

As for the Galaxy refit bridges i will be fixing the problems with them.

Theses are my first attempt ever at designing bridges. Just how
    the Luna/Titan was my first ship design. As you can see from
    my later designs I have improved.

I am sure that will happen with the interior designs as well. I am
    just doing these for fun. I figured everyone may like to see something different from just my ship designs for a change.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

11. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Oh, well if that's how they described the bridge...then kudos...your interpretation is exactly what I would've imagined.

12. Cary L. Brown

Cary L. Brown Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I haven't read the most recent book, but the mental image I had of the Titan bridge was STYLISTICALLY similar to the 1701-E (similar color and decor and so forth) but structurally very different.

For some reason, I was envisioning the aft section as being a semicircular TWO LEVEL section with multiple stations on each tier. I think there was something in the first novel that described it that way.

I see two seats in the "command area" rather than three. Again, I THINK that's due to something in one of the books.

I like the wrap-around single-place "con" console, ala Voyager or Defiant, but see no real purpose for the two other consoles.

I'm a big fan of figuring out what the requirements of a room are, both functionally and structurally, before figuring out what they look like. You, on the other hand, are a very visual guy... you think about what it looks like first. Both are valid (and COMPLEMENTARY) perspectives. My strength is in the first, and I'm a bit weaker in the second. You're very good at the second, but could stand to make a bit more effort to try to get a grip on the first part before moving into the "how it looks" part.

You've got the shape of the bridge "dome".. figure out the region inside that area where you'd have "full ceiling height" and start carving that region up into rooms. Assume that you need some major radially-oriented walls for structural support for the dome itself, and make sure you incorporate those into your "room layout" study.

There are all just suggestions, by the way... just trying to help! :thumbsup:

13. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well I have to say even the Galaxy class Bridges look great. I figured thats how they would look like if they were refitted more w/ being close to the Sovereign's designs.

14. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

I mentioned in another forum where Sean posted these drawings that the extra consoles around the captain's chair and the ones attached to tactical make the regular universe bridge look a bit cluttered and busy, though they work well on the mirror universe bridge, since extra "starship bling" is their style.

Hopefully Pocket will adapt Sean's Titan bridge as the official one. The authors likely gave such a simple description, saying it was basically like the -E's bridge, so that the reader would have a familiar frame of reference to draw upon. Sean captures that nicely and adds a bit more.

15. Titan Designer

Here is a quick update with the Ent-D and Challenger bridges.

I have fixed a few problems mentioned to me and also taken a few suggestions in account with the Challenger bridge. So here are the new images.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Still Look awsome to me :)

17. Rat Boy

That's it. That's the Venture's bridge right there. I'm already picturing the crew getting tossed about and consoles exploding as I type this.

18. Titan Designer

Have at it. just give me credit if you use the image.:beer:

19. Rat Boy

I'll try not to scratch up the paint too much. :D

20. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool designs. I noticed that you removed the additional consoles in the Challenger designs, but I suggest also removing them from the ISS E-D. The command area just looks too busy there.