Phase II - Act One of "KITUMBA"

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TrekGirl, May 24, 2013.

1. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

How can we NOT believe it, since it keeps getting brought up over and over and over...

2. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

Well, since I have heard of footage being held hostage by unscrupulous individuals at least two other fan films, maybe it is worth bringing up over and over. Seems there is a lesson that needs to be learned.

3. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

While I think it is admirable that you are coming from a place of "We don't want this to happen to anyone again," it does seem as though you bring it up a lot. And the mob mentality of badmouthing the alleged perpetrator of said "unscrupulous individuals" while possibly not altogether unjustified, just comes across as petty and vengeful to the rest of us not part of whatever behind the scenes drama there might be. Just my two cents.

4. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

And just to be clear: Loken is speaking for himself. The views expressed do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to the Star Trek Phase II production as a whole.

5. doubleohfive

I assumed as much. There's such obvious interconnective tissue between productions and personnel at the various fan films that it otherwise wouldn't make any sense if you all, as a group felt that way.

Anywho, I don't want to risk starting another thread detour. I digress.

6. Loken

Which of course, is exactly, and very purposefully, what you did.

7. Loken

8. doubleohfive

Oh for crying out loud...

No personal attack intended. Merely posting an observation, and one I am not alone in noticing (as anyone who can read the last two pages of this thread can see.)

9. PonyHorton

PonyHorton Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks for the posting of my (fabulous) work!

As to Kitumba, it's simply not color-corrected yet. It'll look fine when that's done.

I'm open to editing it myself if Kevin gets too busy with his regular job. James knows I edit for a living. Once I was cutting on a scene from MIND SIFTER. He asked to see the scene, and I told him, "This is the rough cut first pass."
    After it was over he said, "Man, your rough cuts are better than most people's finished work.!"

I can have it done in less than a month, even with my health issues.

If I can help, I'm here.

10. doubleohfive

PonyHorton, your work looks great. Out of curiosity, which space shuttle do you envision that being on display at Starfleet Headquarters?

11. Loken

Why do you constantly resort to attacks? Why do you find it so necessary to take shots?

I did read the last two pages. YOU were the only person to mention Vic. Not me. And I only mentioned the need to keep multiple hard drives so what happened to THREE different productions does not happen to others. I didn't mention any names. YOU DID.

You are the one who keeps bringing up the bad blood, not me. So how about you drop it so we can keep this thread on topic, which you seem to love to derail.

12. Loken

Pony, I have the Kitumba drive and we will start working on it down in the valley at Sol 7 studios (the first studio to have 11:1 Dolby). Let's chat to see if you can make it down, or I can copy the drive and send it to you and we can work in tandem.

Alec

13. Loken

BTW, regarding lighting, color and sound correction, if anyone has anything specific they think we should be addressing, specific scenes and such, please do email me with your thoughts and I will pass them around to the team. We are trying to turn this around quickly, but put all the effort in it needs. We welcome all constructive help.

alec@propworx.com

14. doubleohfive

My mentioning of Vic Mignona previously had to do with the glaring ommission of his title as director of "Kitumba." Aren't you a producer now at Phase II now? Aren't you running post on that very episode? Why was his title ommitted? I'm not trying to defend what Vic did or didn't do with the footage and the cut of the episode; I'm genuinely curious why his credit was (purposely? - see what I did there?) ommitted.

As for the "bad blood" surrounding Vic and you (and it's only seemingly you; GSchnitzer sure felt the need to comment to clarify your opinions and replies don't stand for the entirety of the production crew) I may have referred to it but I'm not the only one in this thread who has noticed that you refer to it ALL. THE. TIME.

Maurice commented on the fact that you CONSTANTLY kvetch about it. Any chance it comes up, there you are reminding us that it happened. You don't mention any names but we know who you are referring to. That's how pervasive it has become. Even GSchnitzer had to come in afterward to clarify that you're only speaking for yourself. I merely pointed out that I agreed with Maurice and then I moved on.

I'm scouring the board rules now... and darn it I just can't -for the life of me- find where any of that is against the rules here.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  15. PonyHorton

Ya really gotta ask?

ENTERPRISE, of course!!

If you can blow the image up, you might be able to read the name. Glad you asked, few ever do!

16. PonyHorton

I have no interest in getting into the fray over who done who wrong.

I will say, as a professional who has worked on a fair amount of Hollywood film crews and directed a hell of a lot of commercials and 1/2-hour live TV shows, I can tell you that Phase II's crew are the nicest, most decent people I've ever worked with. They are a pleasure to be with, and have put up with a lot of garbage on the job from NUMEROUS people who ended up leaving when it was clear there was a poor fit, or the group would not accept bad behavior. They've also dealt with a lot of unfair flaming on the internet.

It's been a pleasure to know these people at P2 and the greater STAR TREK community, and boy I gotta tell ya, during my recent hospital stay they raised a LOT of money to help this poor broke AIDS patient for my recovery and assistance.

Many people today would not bother; but my P2 friends, spearheaded by the loyal Alec Peters, and echoed by Rob Mauro and many others, set up a funding campaign for me to help with crushing expenses.

I also owe a lot of gratitude to James Cawley, who has always been there for me when I needed help. He even offered to give me home at one point when it looked as though I might wind up on the streets. Give me as in TO KEEP!!!

Not many people would step up like Alec, Rob, Kent Schmidt, James, and all my other friends and loved ones who I'm not mentioning here. You know who you are... you're angels.

17. doubleohfive

To clarify - I never meant to impugn the character or the sincerity of the Phase II production crew.

I saw the Kickstarter for your medical bills Pony, and I did re-share it at the time asking my friends on FB to donate as I had. I'm genuinely sorry you are experiencing such health problems.

My only point above was as I described. A curious and obvious ommission from the cut that was shared here.

As Loken and I have danced this dance before I have no real interest in getting into another endless spin on the melodramatic merry-go-round of deflection with him so I tried backing off. I'm backing off now even though he'll probably swoop in here to have the last word. And that's fine.

I wish you all the best.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  18. PonyHorton

Thanks so much, I greatly appreciate it!

19. Loken

Pony:

Phase II is family. As those who actually go up there and work there asses off year after year actually MAKING fan films know. These are people who have worked together through long days and nights of shooting, produced something real, and shared experiences, while making no money at it at all (in fact spending our own money to be there!). And those experiences build bonds of friendship and more.

I would do for any Phase II crew member what I did for you, because that is what you do for family. And as you know, I am a person who takes action and does things. I don't sit behind the Internet and anonymously criticize people while not actually doing anything.

Mark Lewis, my post production supervisor and I will figure how to get you involved in the editing of Kitumba. Would love you to come see the Sol 7 Studios. At the very least, I have a ton of interviews that need editing I will get to you for Phase II and Axanar.

And if you need help getting that used car, let me know. I am back in LA tonight.

Alec

20. doubleohfive

No need to thank me. Besides, I'm a big fan of your "El Dorado to the Moon" video. I expect to see more like it in the future! :techman: