Big Brother 16: Gentlemen, commence your appallingness!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by JirinPanthosa, Jun 19, 2014.

1. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My money's on Zack for second place.

As an aside, if he doesn't stop saying "Zack attack" I may have to punch my television.

2. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Zach will need to survive until people start thinking long term. Derrick and Cody's Final Two is the first I have seen.

3. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Two players' grandfathers dead... what an unhappy coincidence. At least these aren't lies, like on Survivor. I wonder what they would do if a contestant did actually pull out of the game to attend a funeral or take care of other family issues?

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

If Zach survives to the final few, then he'll be the second place guy. But I don't think he'll make it that far since his gameplay is so erratic he makes people nervous. And the moment anybody tries to attack the core 'Detonators' alliance he's going to take the first hit.

What are the people writing the Team America missions thinking? All the choices are 'Stir up pointless drama with somebody for no strategic purpose'.

5. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

They've discussed the possibility before. If someone leaves for family issues, they leave the game. I think it was brought up in 2001, due to the 9/11 attacks. One of the houseguests had a sister or cousin in the towers who was killed. If she left to attend the service, she would be leaving the game (as in, not even allowed to be part of the jury).

They may have changed the rules since then, but if they have, they haven't mentioned it.

6. JirinPanthosa

Maybe they could try asking for furlough. ;)

Seriously, America's Team is supposed to be 'Carrying out America's commands in the game' or something but apparently the producers think all of America's commands involve making terrible game moves that result in dramatic confrontations.

7. JirinPanthosa

I just cheered when Team America refused to take on their ridiculous mission.

8. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, that mission would have been suicide.

9. JirinPanthosa

Does anyone know who won HoH?

Edit: Just looked up spoilers. This should be an interesting week.

10. JirinPanthosa

My reactions to tonight's episode:

1) WTF is Christine thinking? Does she think everybody but her in the house is a moron?
    2) Yeah. Just pencil in Victoria for 2nd place. Nobody will ever, ever vote her out when they have the option of sitting next to her at the end.
    3) It's good to see Frankie's game come into jeopardy though I'm glad he's not in danger this week. It did seem like the only reason he was in a position of power is that everybody he wasn't allied with was a moron. It's good to see Nicole and Hayden posing a possible future threat to the powers that be. If 'The Detonators' are smart they'll target Nicole next, as she seems to be the only opposition left with a functional brain.
    4) I'm now 100% convinced that the producers are forcing them to name every alliance. Two people meet up in the bathroom and say "Hey maybe we should consider voting together". They are immediately summoned to the diary room and told "Give this alliance a stupid name or we'll play a montage of you looking silly!"

11. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Her brain isn't the reason I want her gone. It's her helium-chipmunk voice. It's to the point where I have to mute or fast forward through her DR sessions.

12. JirinPanthosa

You may be about to get your wish.

This has to be the most dominated season ever, even more dominated than the Brigade season. The first time we've had such a huge gap between the good players and the bad players, and had all the good players bond together immediately. They didn't win either HoH last week and still kept all of their players.

Hopefully the game gets more interesting when the smart people turn on each other.

Edit: Did Julie just say that Hayden & Nicole were this season's Jeff & Jordan? Hayden should take that as the greatest insult imaginable. Nicole isn't braindead and Hayden is a likable human being. Nothing like Jeff & Jordan.

13. Danny99

They need something to fill in those stupid hash tags they keep pimping.

Christine is a moron because she thinks she's going to go far with the Detonators. She's, at best, the fourth banana in that alliance and in a final four situation, she's toast. She would have been smarter to stick with Nicole and Hayden and pay lip service to the Detonators instead of putting herself in a position that she has to beat Cody, Derrick, Zach and Frankie in a final five situation.

I am ecstatic that Jocasta is gone. I am not a religious person, but I am tolerant. The constant "God is great" was pushing my buttons, along with this weird diary room character she had that we never saw outside of it.

14. Timewalker

I was happy to see her gone and hopefully she doesn't get back in, or there will be even more "thankyoujesus" nonsense out of her.

Plus, whoever told her she looked good in that shade of lipstick? I don't normally make petty comments about such things, but it just looked hideous.

15. JirinPanthosa

Derrick seems to have Boston Rob level mind control over the house. I wonder when somebody in the house is actually going to challenge him.

This should be an interesting week. Derrick will probably try to target Frankie with backdoor while still saying 'Yeah Detonators all the way!' to his face. Depending on how much Frankie buys it he could just throw his nominations right in the center of the Detonator camp, though based on the backdoor risk he might just throw up Donny and Victoria to win the BoB and protect himself.

16. Danny99

So how is Derrick going to convince someone to nominate Frankie?

17. JirinPanthosa

Well he can't now, Frankie is HoH. I think if all had gone to plan and Donny/Christine had lost the BoB Derrick would have tried to backdoor him.

What seems to have happened is that everybody said 'Detonators all the way' to make sure none of them got targeted.

I think at this point Caleb or Zach goes home. Cody seems to be key to a few too many people's game to lose the vote.

18. Danny99

Frankie is talking about getting blood on his hands because he nominated Zach, but he took the second easiest way out.

19. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The first easiest being nominating Victoria?

20. Timewalker

Yay, one of the most annoying ones is finally out! And Nicole gets another chance!

What is this hat obsession everyone has this year? :cardie: