NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by SmoothieX, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I hope Timby is happy with the results of the Bears game, I sure am.

A 20 point win, and only the first offensive series was bad. Would've been a 27 point win if not for that pick-6 four miniutes into the game.

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Vick through four picks. The Eagles absolutely did not deserve to win. They only won because they were playing a fucking college football team.

3. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

4. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ Exactly. And the defense can play even better than they did today.

5. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

The Texans didn't play so hot, but still beat the Dolphins by 20 points. We got 24 points just on turnovers. The Texans run defense didn't look so hot, and next week we got Jacksonville and MJD to contend with.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

A good pass rush, solid defensive play, and a fantastic running game? Are we sure that was the Patriots? :wtf:

7. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I miss Mike Martz already. Isn't he a commentator for one of the networks now? Hopefully he'll get to work a future Bears game or 15 so we can hear his thoughts on why the Bears' offense struggled so mightily, scoring only 41 points in their first regular season game without him.

NFL rules sure didn't make it easy to tune in and listen while on vacation here in France (just listen, not even watch) but I managed to find an AM radio feed and catch some garbage time near the end of the game since the weather's kind of icky outside.

8. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

MIN-JAX was 3 2/3 quarters of awful football. The last three minutes/OT were outstanding.

Stats wise, Ponder's read a bit better than he played. Same with Gabbert: he mist a wide open receiver in the endzone on a drive that netted a FG. He makes that pass, the end never happens.

Still, happy with the Vikes win. 4-12 Is looking like a real possibility. :techman:

Akers kick at the end of the first-half in the GB/SF game was pretty epic.

I hope they can hold on. Having GB start the season in last place would make my week.

I will say the winner of that game visits Lombardi this year--my premature pick of the year.

Yeah it kind of is.

They don't have one? :p

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  9. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Lions win! I was worried until Stafford started driving down the field. If he can stay healthy and play like he did in the second half of the game, we might be able to challenge Green Bay and hold the Bears off.

10. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

My Rams had his number in the first half. After that last FG I thought we had a shot, but our defense didn't show up.

:scream:

And in other great news, two starting offensive linemen go down in the first game. One looked pretty serious.

:(

11. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

If the Jets play all year like they did today, that'd be great. :techman:

12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

And the Packers are in last place!

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

Even if it is for only one week.

13. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

clevelandbrowns2012season.gif

[​IMG]

14. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Not a Jets fan, but I drew them on a random high score board. Didn't expect 48 points, but I'm thinking that may hold up.

It's only week one. Not every team in the NFC North could be scheduled against an easy bean team.

Am a bit concerned about my Packers, though: Same weaknesses they had last year.

15. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I think Peyton Manning can finally forgive Tracy Porter, now!

16. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Jeez, I've heard of wrapping yourself in the American Flag, but this is ridiculous! :p

Congrats to Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos. That was no easy win they pulled off tonight. Hopefully, this is a sign of good things to come in 2012.

17. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

This season definitely looks to be one of the better of recent memory. I can't remember a year where so many teams looked nearly as promising.

Now, if we can just get some professionals on the field to officiate them.

18. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just got back from the Broncos game! It was the first game I've ever attended that actually mattered (previous 2 were a fourth preseason game and a meaningless finale in a lost season). I had a lot of fun and was excited to see them win it. Peyton and our offense looked great in hurry-up, and our D did a decent job at bending but not breaking.

The only thing better than 1 sack on Big Ben? 3 consecutive sacks on Big Ben to close out the game and kill any comeback hopes. :D

19. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Keeping tabs on opening weekend only by news articles, what's the context around this GIF? Halftime start early or something?

I hear the officiating in the SF/GB game was especially appalling. The scrub refs picked a hell of a game to botch. Hopefully the NFL does something soon before things get completely out of hand.

20. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Gotta give it up to the 49ers for going into Lambeau on opening day and getting the win. You KNOW Green Bay had this chalked up as a win despite the 9ers being one of the NFL's best teams. They likely felt that having home field, at the least, would put them over the top. But, no. The 9er D, which pursues like a mother****er, plays together and with intensity, took what they wanted and made Aaron Rogers and the Pack offense look like any other average teams'.

Man, Harbaugh is one great coach. He take over a hapless Stanford team and they immediatly become a conference powerhouse. He takes over a 9er team with no direction and a possible bust at quarterback and immediately turns them into contenders for the Super Bowl.

God I wish the Raiders had gotten him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.