College Football 2013

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by B.J., Aug 28, 2013.

1. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

2. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

I'm not even a Georgia fan but that shit made me want to throw up. After all the effort to get back in that game, finally take the lead and seeing your QB give himself up to put you ahead...words can't describe how tragic that was. Is there a more snakebit team in college football than Georgia?

4. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Dear Stanford,

You are Cordially Invited to Suck It.

Sincerely,

Ed Orgeron, Head Coach, USC

:beer:

:techman:

5. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm just laughing my ass off at this one- Colorado State 66, New Mexico 42. In FOOTBALL. I don't think CSU has ever had a score that high. Both teams need to work on defense. :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: Next week, CSU plays Air Force. I think they can take them. Air Force is horrible this year- 2-8!

6. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good game. That call should have been offsetting penalties on the interception but USC is not to be taken lightly. Stanford is probably going to the Sun or Holiday Bowl now. That's a disappointing season.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  7. 1001001

I figure it evens out for the first down Stanford was gifted in the first half.

;)

Seriously though that was a really good game. That Stanford RB tore us up. But Kessler had a really good game and Hedari finally came though when it counted.

:techman:

8. Kronos

Kronos Admiral Admiral

Yes, their rivals to the south, with the Georgia alum head coach :scream:

9. Neroon

Hey, Digits..... Orgeron seems to be doing rather well as interim coach. What are the odds he gets the gig permanently?

10. 1001001

I honestly don't know. Haden is being very tight-lipped about it right now.

Orgeron is certainly making it difficult on the selection committee. If they don't offer him the job, chances are pretty good he'll get offered a HC job somewhere.

He seems to be doing everything right, and the players seem to like him. Whether or not USC wants an outsider to come in or what I really can't say.

11. Neroon

I wonder if Haden has seen this:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX7wzhMvbzo[/yt]

12. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Speaking strictly of high stakes games that mean the difference between playing for a championship and being an also-ran, perhaps not. But, if we're talking about the 2013 season in general, you'd need only look at the Bulldogs' SEC East foes for that answer.

-It wasn't Georgia who fumbled the ball into the end zone in OT in Knoxville. :scream:

-Aaron Murray is the only starting QB in the SEC East not to miss a start due to injury. Tennessee and Florida both are down to their 3rd string quarterbacks. It's a hard thing to ask of a 3rd stringer to come in and win anywhere in college football, but this is especially true of the SEC.

-Florida is going through the pains of their longest losing streak in more than 30 years. Remember when Mark Richt was the one on the hot seat a few years ago? Looks like Will Muschamp has that spot occupied now.

-Missouri is just as bad about squandering the spotlight as Georgia, blowing a 17-point lead against South Carolina. They'll be fortunate if that loss doesn't end up keeping them out of the SEC Championship Game, especially with Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M awaiting them in the reg. season finale.

Just trying to keep things in perspective. But, yes, it's a heartbreaker for anyone to put forth the kind of effort that Georgia did to come back in that 4th quarter, only to be thwarted by a reenactment of the Bluegrass Miracle from 2002.

13. Caligula

Not in almost 40 years. I looked it up. They scored 66 on Nevada in 1974 (back when Nevada was still a Division I-AA team).

14. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Well yeah I'm also remembering that ill advised catch by Murray's receiver last year inside the ten yard line against Bama that caused the clock to expire.

15. Caligula

Is it 2010 all over again? I do believe I just watched the referees give UT a victory, wait until the whole fucking stadium had the chance to celebrate, and then change their minds. There's no way you could tell with absolute certainty (which is what you need when reviewing a call) where the ball actually was. The call was that Vandy was held short, and that's how it should have stood. Make 7 Up Yours, Zebras!

:scream::mad::censored::censored::brickwall::barf::barf:

16. Neroon

I was just about to post regarding that. I will grant them that the initial view looked as if he'd made it, so I was surprised where they spotted the ball short. Even so... there just didn't seem to be ANY incontrovertible evidence sufficient to warrant overturning the call. Doesn't matter if the initial spot was wrong, that was the call.

17. Caligula

Still, I will say "bravo!" to Patton Robinette of Maryville, TN. He's gonna be telling his kids/grandkids about how he scored the game-winning touchdown in Neyland Stadium.

18. 1001001

The past couple of weeks make me wish we had actually played Oregon this year.

Having beaten both Stanford and Arizona....

USC will look back at that Washington State game for a long time and wonder...

I wish UCLA had won tonight. It would have made next weeks game so much better.

19. Caligula

Okay, scratch that. Aaron Murray has played his last down as a Georgia Bulldog, tearing his ACL in the first half against Kentucky. That means UGA will have to rely on someone else against Ga. Tech and whomever their bowl opponent will be.

Sad way to end one of the most brilliant college careers any SEC QB has ever had.

20. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Eh, can someone explain to me why Michigan went for the 2p conversion there?