ST Games I'd Like To See

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by acappellasaurus, May 17, 2013.

1. acappellasaurus

acappellasaurus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'll start...

We've seen several other well known franchises reimagined Lego style (Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Batman, Harry Potter, and the upcoming Avengers to name a few)...would love to see variations of Trek done in this manner. They may be fluff games for sure, but they are fun (and have a great sense of humor) in their own way. I'd play Lego Trek for sure.

2. Lt. Uhura-Brown

Lt. Uhura-Brown Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'd like to see Wizball and Dungeon Master again.

Oh wait, you mean Star Trek games right, not Atari ST games?

I miss my Atari ST.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  3. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lego trek could be fun.

I'd like to see single player RPG (possibly by Bioware)

4. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

I'd just like to see a trek game that captures that feeling of exploring, and takes a sandbox style of approach to solving problems. I've really felt like Star Trek Online was a letdown when it came to that...

5. acappellasaurus

acappellasaurus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You know, I was thinking...with TV evolving in new ways, i.e. Netflix debuting original content network-style, etc., maybe Trek should push the envelope in this area too. I am thinking about recent games like The Walking Dead and Back To The Future, where there was episodic content on a regularly released basis. Trek could do something similar. Create new episodes (even in a season style format) that were playable. Using a format like this, there could even be multi series "shows" going on simultaneously. TOS (or ride the current popularity wave with nuTrek), TNG, the sky's the limit really. Maybe have all the various incarnations merge a storyline every now and then like an arc or crossover. Once the game's engine is in place, new content would be pretty easy to craft around the framework. I know I'd pay for this.

6. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed. I've always felt Trek suited to the format of a Lucasarts/Telltale-style adventure game. I've played all the seasons of Sam and Max, as well as Back to The Future, and something like that of a high caliber could be good - it'd provide a good, solid ST experience without having to break the bank with a AAA budget.

My personal dream ST game, however, would be a Bioware-ish RPG, putting you in the Trek verse as a Revan/Shepard/Warden type, with your own ship and crew. Hell, just copy paste over Mass Effect - the galaxy map screams Trek to me, and ME2 felt like a season of a really good scifi space opera series.

7. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

They should do something like A Final Unity/25th Anniversary - just simple point and click adventures.

Then, re-release Bridge Commander that is bug free and can cope with a complete re-enactment of Wolf 359!!! :)

8. CabinCruiser

CabinCruiser Cadet Newbie

If I may, I'd like to see an Faster Than Light style free-exploration/trading game where you have a rotational 3d ship that can be viewed in layers, where instead of clicking on the single crew member you click on the system that needs repair and prioritize repairs by balancing the manpower. Any 5-year mission is going to see a formidable ship presence into the multi-verse, so as long as you have people to conduct repairs and the necessary materials, you're going to be able to make it back to Stardock. Answering distress calls, sending your shuttle down to planets when transporter is in operable, and beaming chief officers and security squads into planetary installations and abroad enemy ships mid-combat, fighting the odd gravitational pull when powerless.

9. Lt. Uhura-Brown

Lt. Uhura-Brown Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Something similar to Elite albeit with a little more complexity?

10. General_Phoenix

General_Phoenix Captain Captain

At this rate I'd be happy with graphic versions of Promethean Prophecy and the Kobayashi Alternative. The games would probably be in the 25th Anniversary/Judgement Rites style, but I would be perfectly happy with that.

11. teeth_03

teeth_03 Ensign Newbie

Klingon Academy built using new technology

Great game, just needs to look a little prettier

12. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    Play Star Trek 25th Anniversary ! :)

13. newtontomato539

newtontomato539 Commander Red Shirt

I agree! :drool:

The only thing I can add is. . . .

The Secret of Vulcan's Fury! :scream:

14. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

15. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bridge Commander for consoles.

16. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Would have been nice to see Romulan Academy, Ferengi Academy, and (as somebody here once said) Cardassian Academy.

17. teeth_03

teeth_03 Ensign Newbie

There is a mod called Romulan Dawn that gives you some romulan style missions.

18. Johnnymuffintop

Johnnymuffintop Commander Red Shirt

A bioware type RPG, I'd be comfortable with it generally being a third person shooter if they managed to get the feel of species really fleshed out as well as get a sense of exploration like Mass Effect 1 did with the land based sections. But here's where it diverges from ME, make space BIG, I mean really big, and show it at the scale, not just like the ME map, but something like this tech demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrcEUO7TC28

I couldn't do the scripting but I know what I'd want to do, have all the star systems plotted out, much like how the program Stellaria does, when you go to warp, your ship basically just becomes a data point, no model rendered to other players (assuming you also have multiplayer functionality), make it so that space feels MASSIVE, but gamedata wise make it so that as soon as you're X distance away, stop attempting to render high detail things. Make it so that you could have a tiny asteroid base in a realistically empty asteroid belt and if you don't put out anything sensors would pick up, a ship could fly right by and never notice.

19. Crazyewok

Crazyewok Vice Admiral Admiral

A Ent to Voyager era grand strategy game! BOTF 2 !