The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, TDK's prologue was eventually released online, but maybe not until the film was already out. :scream:

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Meh, I'm not eager to spoil too much. I'm sure I'll see the new trailer with SH2 or MI4.
    This is my 2nd or 3rd most anticipated summer movie but still not one I'm going to follow too closely beyond the sometimes publicity photo since spy photos are now over.

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I agree. I don't want to see the prologue because I'll get too excited long before the film comes out. I don't want to become like Jackson. ;)

That being said, I can't wait to see the trailer!

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have seen the trailer but not the prologue yet...and I was blown away. I won't spoil anything but yes I'm really excited. Hell I've been excited from the start along with JacksonArcher. This is going to be one hell of a movie.

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm excited, too, I just don't want to get overly excited too early.

6. Set Harth

Some of the negative online comments about the new trailer are simply precious.

People are actually complaining that it doesn't explain who Hathaway's character is, so the perennially all-important "man on the street" isn't going to get it.

I guess the cat ears didn't get the point across. :guffaw:

7. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought the prologue was great... except I couldn't tell what Bane was saying. :/ Otherwise, it was very tense and the footage itself looked really awesome.

8. Admiral_Young

9. Set Harth

Finally saw this thing.

I definitely didn't predict the voice.

Maybe I thought he would sound like Bronson.

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Thanks. It's funny. Reading the lines just makes the delivery in the prologue more awkward sounding

"Don't worry, i'll trust for them"

"He didn't fly so good. Who wants to try next?"

It's minor gripe but apart from the main cast everyone else in Nolan's Batman movies sound weird saying the dialogue

11. Set Harth

William Fichtner and Nicky Katt sounded fine in TDK.

12. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Fichtner, yes. I thought the disalogue Katt got to say was the weakest in the whole movie; it sounded out of place, like a scene from a more run-of-the-mill blockbuster.

13. Admiral_Young

I've now seen the prologue. All I have to say about this film right now is that I can't wait for July. I'm really excited about what Nolan plans for Bane and the film in general. I also had no problem understanding Bane's dialogue.

14. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

I saw the trailer yesterday in front of "Holmes".

Meh - what a spectacularly unimpressive trailer/teaser. No money shot (and iffy effects in the only pseudo money shot - the football field). Bane is hard to understand. Yet people all over the Internet (and here) are falling over themselves to praise it. What gives? It seems like Nolan can put out whatever trailer he wants, slap on a "dark knight" label on it, and people will declare it to be sublime. Ridiculous.

I'm a huge fan of Nolan's films, but I just have to call it like I see it.

15. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I have seen the trailer but it is hard to make out any of the plot. Not enough Batman in the trailer and I hope Bane is more understandable in the movie.

But I do like what I see.

16. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

This.

17. mr.peany

mr.peany Commodore Commodore

Eh, I thought the trailer was great. Did exactly what I hoped it would: teased me, leaving me wanting more.

18. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My only gripe with the teaser trailer was the poorly rendered text they used. And yeah the CGI on the sinking football field was pretty bad as well. All in all I'm still pretty stoked for this film!

19. Admiral_Young

I just happened to think both were pretty amazing. It is reasonable to say that the special effects for the field were shoddy looking considering Nolan himself has stated they just completed filming and i think he said he hasn't had a chance to work on too much since he's been focused on getting the prologue out.

20. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Again, why rush to have a promo if it gives off a shaky vibe?
    Not only is Bane hard to understand, if at all, but unfinished f/x?

I know it's Nolan and I hear fanboys excusing this but if it were Michael Bay the same people (maybe not here) would be ripping Bay a new one for releasing a subpar teaser. I'd love to hear Joe Q Public's take on this. What impression are they getting?