FANBOYS screening, photographer wants Trekkers

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by louissavy, Sep 5, 2010.

1. louissavy

louissavy Cadet Newbie

Hi
    We are presenting a screening of the movie FANBOYS on 28th September at the Apollo Piccadilly Circus.

We have lots of of UK 501st troops and other Star Wars costumers coming to the event and an excellent photographer called Tim O'Sullivan has offered to take pics and give a large print to all those who pose. www.timosullivan.co.uk is his site.

Is the Trek costuming world dead? We cannot seem to find anyone who can trun up in uniform or any klingons or other species.

Please visit our website and let us know if you want to come and represent the franchise!!

Thanks
    Louis Savy
    Festival Director
    SCI-FI-LONDON.COM

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Was Fanboys any good? That movie sure came and went. Wasn't that the one where the kids were going to Lucas Ranch to steal a copy of TPM for their dying friend? That would have been a great idea if they'd managed to release it before Lucas ruined the whole idea by releasing the movie first and letting us see how badly it sucked. :rommie:

3. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

You already got a thread closed on this, stop trolling.

4. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I've seen it on TV awhile back, and it was a lot better than I thought it would be. It's not only a movie about Star Wars fans, rather I felt it poked fun at fandom in general, even Star Trek. Shatner's even got a cameo role. Well worth a look.

5. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought it was a cool movie. Not quite as well-made as Free Enterprise, and many would argue that it was not as funny as that film, and it certainly was quite a bit more simplistic. Free Enterprise was quite good on it's own, but it seemed to be waving its arms in the air saying "look! this is great writing! See! Wit. This is wit. This is really great, witty writing.' Whereas, Fanboys was from the heart.

6. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, actually I didn't like Free Enterprise too much for that reason. It was rather annoying and it was almost like it was trying too hard to be something, if that makes any sense. I thought Fanboys was actually a much better movie, and there were quite a few really good jokes in it and pokes at pop culture. To me, it said a lot more than Free Enterprise did. Their van being their Millenium Falcon was inspired. The fact that TPM had already been released by the time it came out didn't hurt it at all. In fact, I'd go so far to say that it helped it, because we could laugh at the characters and their misfortune.