Thomas Riker as a recurring character?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by dub, Feb 11, 2013.

1. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think it would have been interesting to bring Tom Riker back as a recurring guest role. I felt there was some chemistry there with Kira. And I just really thought he fit in well on DS9. But it would have been too complicated I suppose. He would have been required to do blood tests at every corner - is it Will, is it Tom, or is it a changeling? :lol:

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ideally Will Riker would have been eaten by targs and Tom Riker would have taken his place. Then he and Kira would have had attraction without deception.

3. Nacluv

Nacluv Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

What good would blood tests do? Will and Tom's are identical.

4. heavy lids

heavy lids Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wouldn't have worked. Thomas Riker became a prisoner of Cardassia indefinitely. The only way I could see him escaping is when the Dominion started bombing Cardassia in the last episode of DS9. But more than likely he was killed.

5. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

LOL...good point. Another FAIL for dub!

6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Crazier things than Tom Riker escaping the Cardassians have happened in the Star Trek universe.

It would have been interesting to see him have a second or third appearance. They easily could have injected some kind of isotope into his blood to make him distinct from Will Riker.

Of course, anything they did to Tom he could probably find a way to reverse it to himself and do the same to Will.