Rumor: TNG-HD is a-coming

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by MrPointy, May 10, 2011.

1. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

The suggested retail price might be $30, but I doubt it will sell at that price in any stores. I'm looking forward to this, although I won't buy it, since I'm content to wait for the season sets.

2. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Reunion may be the pinnacle along with Redemption I, but they probably wouldn't have worked as a single Klingon story. You could take Sins of the Father a single episode if you were a non-fan. Either way both episodes are light years better than Encounter.

Most DVD-Blurays that have 4 episodes sell in the $20-30 range when they come out (currently the best of collections are $14.98 retail). No doubt there will be discounts, but this is not just a re-release, its an entire reworking...a totally new edit since there are no film masters. They'll prob treat it like a new show so expect to pay extra.

RAMA

3. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

"Sins of the Father" won an Emmy in 1990 for Outstanding Art Direction for a Series
    Richard D. James (production designer)
    Jim Mees (set decorator)

"The Inner Light" was nominated for an Emmy in 1993 for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Makeup for a Series
    Michael Westmore (makeup designer/makeup supervisor)
    Gerald Quist (makeup artist)
    Abston Haymore, June (makeup artist)
    Karen Westerfield (makeup artist)
    Jill Rockow (makeup artist)
    Doug Drexler (makeup artist)

"Encounter at Farpoint" and "The Inner Light" were nominated for Hugos for Best Dramatic Presentation in 1988 and 1993 respectively. "The Inner Light" won.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Just one thing...Encounter was nominated, but did not win Best Dramatic Hugo...that honor went to The Princess Bride...beating Robocop and Predator as well.

5. Maxwell Everett

Oops. You're right.

6. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

It's an honor to be nominated :techman:

7. Maxwell Everett

I thought there was a first season win of some kind. Turns out it was a Peabody for "The Big Good-Bye".

8. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sins Of The Father won an Emmy for best art direction and deservedly so. Visually it's a very interesing episode and the remastered Blu Ray edition should really bring out the details of the set design. We'll probably see some great new digital matte paintings of Qo'Nos.

9. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Captain Captain

^ This.

Plus, it'll be very interesting to see what the remastering does with all those dark and murky scenes on Qo'Nos - as opposed to the clean and bright Enterprise-D interiors.

10. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

Yay!

Thread title needs altering, its not a rumour anymore.

I wonder if they re-scan ILM Encounter at Farpoint SFX like they did for Generations?

11. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I already started an offical STNG-R thread here:http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=147424

Serious drool...forgot about those mattes..

[​IMG]