Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've never seen Red Dawn.

I only found out about it, when the remake came out a couple years ago, but even that looked stupid.

Young Jennifer Grey with her real nose.

"Those were the days".

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I just read Uncanny Avengers #2 and it spoiled the ending of Secret Wars! I really wish they could keep their publishing on schedule to avoid this sort of thing.

Reed Richards is DEAD!

I haven't been very excited about any of these relaunches. Between this and the immensely disappointing DC lineup, I'm slowly starting to lose interest in comics again.

3. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Having read the first issues of the latest Ultimates and Spider-Woman series this past couple of weeks, I've reached the conclusion: Marvel Editorial really wants the connection between Canada and the Alpha Flight brand severed.

Not happy for obvious reasons.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Annnnnnnd Extraordinary X-Men #2 *also* spoiled a major event at the end of Secret Wars. Sigh.

Scott Summers is DEAD!

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I found myself really liking the concept of "Ultimates" and the use of the "Mighty Avengers" characters, I'm also a HUGE Rocafort fan as well as couldn't refuse this book and I really hope this lasts a while. Also liked T'Challa's explanation for the Triskileon. Gonna give this book a chance.

6. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

but...he already died. Doom killed him in an earlier issue of Secret Wars.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

This is Marvel. There's no such thing as too much killin' people.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Whoops. I forgot. :lol: That was months ago in a made up world :lol:

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Battleworld isn't a "made up world" it existed for these characters (just as the characters IN Battleworld didn't really remember being out of their various realities thanks to Doom), "Ultimates #1" posits that they simply do not remember being in it or the previous incarnation of the Marvel Universe.

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Thanks for the heads-up on the spoilers. I'll hold off on reading Extraordinary X-Men #2 now.

11. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

You mean the one that was from the looks of it was only slightly different from the current one.

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Black Knight #1 - I think the last place I saw Dane Whitman was...Original Sin, he may have been elsewhere(I'm waiting on the SW trade). I really enjoyed this issue. It set itself up quickly, gave a few passing statements and explanations with which to build upon and left an interesting hook to come back next month. For a few months actually. I'm going to add it my list. Anyone else pick this up?

13. Savage Dragon

I don't think I've seen anything with the Black Knight since he was with the Avengers in the 90s. I really liked his character back in the 80s when Stern and Buscema were doing the Avengers though. I may have to check this out.

14. Saga

i really liked the first issue of Black Knight. always liked the character. nice to see them embrace his history and put him in a place where they can really explore the whole 'possessed by the Ebony Blade' idea.

15. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dane was last seen in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1 last January, and Avengers World before that.

I loved Black Knight #1! I can't wait to see what's coming up. Dane isn't a lovable dork anymore, though. Guess the blade's curse really does have a hold on him!

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did not like Black Knight #1.

Weird World has no context for me. A human lost in a an alien world is Starlord or Warlord's story. John Carter basically. That's not what Dane is about. Lost in the 6th century maybe, but yeah, taking a sword to a machine gun fight, is what the Black knight is about.

Is he still hooking up with Faiza Hussain?

I've always hated Frank Terri's work.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

<<Thanks for the heads-up on the spoilers. I'll hold off on reading Extraordinary X-Men #2 now. >>
    Actually, it wasn't a spoiler. I had forgotten that the event already happened in an earlier issue of Secret Wars.

18. Savage Dragon

^I can see why. Having just read your spoiler code I can't really remember the event either.

19. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

The only Marvel title I read right now is Ms. Marvel, and I just read its new #1 on Thursday. Did anything happen in Secret Wars that would/will actually matter to me? I did read the Secret Wars: Secret Love one-shot because Kamala was on the cover, and I enjoyed the individual stories, though I had absolutely no context for what was going on. Is it just a bunch of random alternate timelines?

20. Saga

you should be fine then. nothing happens to Kamala in Secret Wars. though, you might want to keep an eye on All New All Different Avengers as she is a member of that team.