Castle season 8 discussion thread - spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Kirby, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

What the eff? :wtf:

I don't think I want to bother with this show anymore.

2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

3. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. Random_Spock

It ain't bold. It's just pulling the same page out of the book that other show runners have been doing this year... :rolleyes:

Meaning the Muppets, The X Files, etc.

Uncreative tripe. Gives me one DAMN good reason to not even bother watching.

Idiot.

One thing that really bugs me is how these shows seem to look down on the viewers for not liking something, as if they're children who are unable to form their own thoughts, let alone their own opinion. How arrogant is that?

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Veena Sud was the worst when the audience reaction to the second half of The Killing season 1 soured.

The funniest was Scott Buck talking about season 8 of Dexter like it was the best thing on TV.

6. Random_Spock

Yea season 8 of Dexter was pretty damn bad :lol:.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the episode was pretty good, up until that last scene. I hate that they are doing this. I can understand them wanting to find a new source of drama, but I think they could have gotten plenty just out of Kate's promotion, and the Castles now working together as PIs. Breaking up Castle and Beckett was just stupid, annoying, and unnecessarily.

8. Random_Spock

Word. It could have been pretty interesting seeing how their jobs intersected at times. But now the focus will be on their relationship and it'll distract from the show itself.

9. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure how it keeps Castle safe for Beckett to break up with him. That the bad guys are going to stop threatening him just because they're not together doesn't not really make much sense.

N-121973 likes this.
  10. Random_Spock

Word. They'll still be there. It's just a plot device to try to bring 'excitement' back to the show.

11. galleywest

galleywest Lovable Flake Premium Member

The "break-up" is very weird and doesn't make much sense to me, considering everything these characters have been through together. That this would be the straw that broke the camel's back certainly tests my suspension of disbelief. It doesn't fit in the Castle universe very well, and I hope they right this sinking ship soon.

12. Forbin

This week was my very favorite episode ever.

Alexis Undercover should be its own series.

:adore:

13. galleywest

galleywest Lovable Flake Premium Member

I will grant you that I like the direction they are finally giving Alexis, we'll see how that pans out. I am cautiously optimistic. I really like the PI angle in general and am surprised they didn't just go with that instead of all the generated melodrama.

14. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not a bad episode; I'm liking that Alexis is getting more to do, and it was fun watching Ryan and Esposito totally fail at their undercover assignment.

15. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah. Why I'm still scratching my head about the break-up, the did manage to capture some of the charm of the first four seasons, especially with that bit in the cell.

And I agree Quinn is stealing the show.

16. Forbin

17. Random_Spock

Word. I haven't even bothered to watch it lately tbh. I hope so.

18. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Surprisingly I really liked last night's episode. Good humor and nice through line about lying. Of course everyone knew who the killer was the almost as soon as the character started talking.

19. Forbin

Stana's looking quite hot lately. The glamour hairstyle is good on her - I hated to short hair in the past. If I'd been that guy she called into her office for Cocaine advice while she was lying on the couch in a tight wrap-around dress, I'd have forgotten why I was there.

Anyhoo, they're really groping for ways to keep them both on the same case. It's getting stupid. er.

20. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really, I don't think it's any stupider then the whole premise of keeping Castle around all those years. Or the ridiculous contrivances they came up with to keep them apart in seasons 2/3/4.