Poss OT? Eaglemoss model-magazines - problems

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by DS9Continuing, Feb 8, 2014.

1. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question, but I saw another poster mention the Eaglemoss Starships Collection in another thread, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I haven't subscribed for every issue, I'm only buying the ones I want, which is not all of them. Here in the UK, the Defiant issue came out over Xmas and New Year, and with the amount of travelling about I did over the holiday period I missed it.

I went to the website and ordered a back copy, which worked fine. But I waited a month and nothing arrived. I contacted their customer service, who were very friendly and helpful, and they said that if it hadn't arrived within 3-to-5 days of ordering, it must have got lost in the mail and they would dispatch another. I have now waited another two weeks, and still nothing has arrived. I'm at the point of asking for my money back, except that I still want my Defiant.

Most recently I bought the Akira-class model, and all the pieces weren't there - the ship itself and the black base were there, but the clear plastic stand that connect the two was not. I would contact customer service again, but based on previous experience I'm not sure it would do any good.

So I guess my questions are:

• Has anybody else had these kind of problems with Eaglemoss? Any suggestions what to do?
    • Is there anywhere else I can get hold of the Defiant? Amazon? Ebay? Dirty back alley?

Thanks for your help.

2. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

This might be better suited for General Trek Discussion, so I'll send it there. :) Hope everything works out for you.

3. SicOne

SicOne Commodore Commodore

I'm sorry that I don't have any suggestions about how to handle the customer service aspect of Eaglemoss, but as I've been ordering them in the States, I have ordered individual ships/magazines through a comic book store. Thus far, I have not had any customer service issues or quality control problems. If you have the means to do this, order them individually through a store as opposed to having to deal with Eaglemoss and pay for them in advance, I'd suggest going that route.

In regards to the magazines themselves, how have you found them? They're interesting, but there's nothing really "new" in them in regards to the ships. Mostly a rehash of existing information. I was hoping for more, frankly.

4. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I agree that there's not really much there that we didn't already get from other sources. Some of the behind the scenes info is nice, though. I'm really only getting them for the models, the magazines are just a bonus.

I want them to do a Luna-class and a Vesta-class though! Those would be extremely popular, I think. (More exciting than a friggin' Nova-class anyway.)

5. SicOne

SicOne Commodore Commodore

If I'm not mistaken, there is supposed to be a run of 70 ships, of which we only know what classes the first batch of 35 is. Could they be doing a Luna and Vesta in the second batch?

6. Roysten

Roysten Ensign Newbie

I've also been having issues with Eaglemoss. I ordered 3ships, received 2 (to the wrong address ) and in 2 months I haven't seen the 3rd.

I was told it was lost in the post and another would be sent. That was 3 weeks ago.

Additionally I subscribed to the Orrery at the same time and in 6 weeks have only received issue 2.

Customer service is intermittent and I have to say it's not filled me with confidence for the company, not sure I'd recommend them.

7. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Keep in mind that yours is the first post in this thread for more than a year and a half. Usually we frown on resurrecting threads that are that old, but since your experience with Eaglemoss is recent, we'll keep it open for a while to see if anyone else can offer any suggestions... :)