Star Trek III - great rewatch value

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by xvicente, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like star trek III. It's just a shame that by definition there is not enough spock. But at least that gave the rest of the cast a little more to do.... and Mccoy playing both Mccoy and Spock in the bar was classic.

2. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

I enjoyed ST3, I think the whole Enterprise theft sequence is one of my favourite scenes in all 12 movies, the music, suspense & effects (for '84) are just spot-on, Kruge is a great villain, one of the best of the series, it's without doubt in the top half of the 12 films for me

3. CaptainBearclaw

CaptainBearclaw Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The Theft of the Enterprise is a very well done sequence. Hell, the whole MOVIE is pretty well done. I'm with Linkara, I think Kruge is actually a pretty well done character. Not to mention, really powerhouse emotion.

4. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

YES.

Kirk: "Now, Scotty."
    Scotty: "Uh?"
    Kirk: "The doors, Mr. Scott."
    Scotty: "Aye, sir, I'm workin' on it."
    Kirk: <oh S#!t face >

Kirk's standoff against Kruge is also very well played; his stumble on learning of his son's death illustrated him at his most vulnerable (first Spock, now David).

5. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

Good times, indeed.

Oh, yes. That scene was just so powerful and spoke volumes about Kirk's grief.

I think the whole Khan trilogy was awesome. :techman:

6. fiddy112

fiddy112 Cadet Newbie

I have to say that TSFS is my favorite out of the original six movies. Like Kahn, this movie showed how much one would sacrifice to save a family member. I think that's what Star Trek is about at it's core, family. My favorite scene has to be like many of you is when the crew steals the Enterprise. Very good music, great one liners, and you just can't beat that model work.

7. -SS-

-SS- Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Maybe it's just me, but I think TSFS had better acting than TWOK.

8. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

It's you.

--Sran

9. Leto_II

Leto_II Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Shatner's own acting is certainly elevated a notch in the film -- during the David death-scene, due in no small part to Nimoy doing take after take, not finding what he wanted in the performance, and in true Kubrick-fashion, an exhausted Shatner finally nailing the scene after simply "giving up" and falling off the command-chair.

It's the sometimes-accidental alchemy of movies.

10. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

I agree with this. As I think I have said, I love that scene. :techman:

11. xvicente

xvicente Captain Captain

Also here began Nimoy's mark of giving the other characters (Scotty, Sulu, Uhura, Sarek) relevant scenes.

That was very salutary to Star Trek.

12. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

As much as people rag on Shatner for being an ass, I thought he did a nice job of doing the same when he directed TFF. Granted, the scene with Scotty bumping his head was stupid, but aside from that, Shatner made sure every character got his or her moment to shine. The TNG movies were all about Stewart and Spiner.

--Sran