Help me select a ship

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by The Castellan, Aug 31, 2012.

1. MasterArminas

MasterArminas Commander Red Shirt

Or an Andromeda class. A precursor to the Intrepids.

MA

2. Captain2395

Captain2395 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I always envisaged that by post-Nemesis era Soveriegns would have replaced Excelsiors, Novas replaced Oberth and maybe only the Constellation-class of the TOS Movie era would be around.

Some of the semi-canon ships are interesting but others are frankly repulsive.

Personally, I think Intrepid class is a great choice. I think its a class of ship that would have become dated and so would go out of production quickly but would likely still be in service.

I wouldn't think many Intrepid-class ships would have been built. The retractable nacelles I thought were Starfleets response to the subspace damage caused by warp drive and I would assume that since later classes e.g. Sovereign, Akira etc... were built with fixed nacelles that warp drives had been improved.

Also, an Intrepid class ship that stayed in the Alpha Quadrant (unlike Voyager) would probably have quite a history. It could have been through the Dominion War, for example, so it would have history.

Only other suggestion would be to look at the other classes of ships that featured in the Battle of Sector 001 in First Contact. Could go with a Sabre-class, Norway-class or Steamrunner-class?

3. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

How about a Miranda class? We know there are still plenty of them around. And they are an adaptable ship, being used for science missions (Reliant) as well as battle missions, as seen in DS9.

4. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

You really can't beat the Miranda-Class. It really does seem to be one of Starfleet's most robust and hardy designs.

5. Maxillius

Maxillius Commander Red Shirt

10 years after Nemesis will make an Akira up to 15 years old, which in the 2370s and -80s is just broken in.

An Akira canh have sensors in place of the torpedo pod and still fight her way out of any jam.