Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I really think you'll like the series. A lot.

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Wait. I knew S6 was going to be on Netflix streaming, but is the whole show? Because it wasn't when I cancelled 'flix.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

They added the whole thing along with Season 6.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Good! I'm overdue for a new show.

5. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Well there's a blast from the past ... I posted that over three years ago. Thanks for the shout out! :techman:

Christopher, thanks for that alternate list. After (finally) finishing watching all five seasons of the show last month, I'd considered going back and trying to untangle the chronological mess. I'm glad to see someone else has done it (hopefully correctly) for me! It'll be interesting to watch the series in that order and see if it really does all fit, chronologically.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

AWESOME!!:cool:

They keep trying to lure me back with a free month. I guess it's time...:)

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

This is the one I'm going by. I don't know how authoritative it is, but it seems to line up so far.

It was probably my least favourite thing about the movie, but honestly there were worse moments later in the series, despite the overall improvement. That whole arc with the droids and the little alien colonel on a secret mission leap to mind.

Besides, the mild toilet humour of "stinky" is something that's always been a part of Star Wars, which is fine so long as it's not too overt, like say Jar Jar.

8. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, what would the garbage compactor scene be, without a suggestion of toilet humor!

9. cooleddie74

The Order 66 arc of Season Six:

Pretty great if I say so myself.

10. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Completely agree.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the ending kind of surprised me.

12. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

So, 13 episodes, I assume that means 3 - 5 Arcs? Are the episodes in Arc order? (I've been avoiding spoilers mostly)

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

4 episode arc. 3 episode arc (held back from Season Four). 2 episode arc. 4 episode arc.

14. cooleddie74

Not as many arcs as many of us prefer, but oh well - for a cancelled TV series getting 13 more episodes as streaming content isn't too shabby. In the old days we'd be waiting and hoping that a network like the Sci-Fi Channel would pick up the show or, failing that, someone would spearhead a direct-to-DVD fan effort.

15. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What counts is that the show received a decent send-off (even though I'm not a fan of them wasting time on a Jar Jar arc) and they still left room for future content in other avenues.

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

When I first heard it was canceled, I figured we'd get nothing, maybe at best a couple of half-finished episodes might get completed. To get a full and fully-realized season was way beyond anything I had hoped to get.

17. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

They even convinced me to endure new Jar Jar content. That's no small feat.

18. cooleddie74

I had a similar mindset. "Well, Disney bought Lucasfilm and now the show's been cancelled. Even the Hasbro toys and collectibles based on the show have been stopped. Guess we can kiss any more episodes bye-bye and forget about them." It was a pretty common opinion within the circle of fans I talk to.

Learning that Filoni and his team were actually working on completing some additional arcs for release in some undetermined format was very pleasing to know, because as great as the final Cartoon Network episode was I don't think many of us wanted the last moments of the series to be Ahsoka wandering off into the Coruscant sunset. Ten years ago we'd have been hoping another cable channel would get permission to air additional episodes or that Disney would be cool with releasing some limited edition DVD containing the final episodes. Thanks to Netflix for simplifying things.

19. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed watching it on Netflix...checking out an entire story arc at a time. At 22 minutes each, the show never dragged.

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Does that mean it's meant to take place during season 4? I'm still trying to get a sense of the right chronological order for the series.