What were the best man-to-man fight scenes in TNG?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Lt.Cmdr.LaForge, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Lt.Cmdr.LaForge

Lt.Cmdr.LaForge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I recently watched the episode 'Reunion' from season 4. After Duros kills K'Ehleyr, Worf claims the right of vengeance. A short but epic fight between Worf and Duros shortly follows. I personally believe this to be one of the best man to man fight scenes of TNG. It is brilliantly choreographed and has a satisfying outcome.

What do other people believe the best fight scenes were? I mean hand to hand combat. No space battles, no phasers etc...

2. Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Picard: I'm not from Nottingham.

[​IMG]

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

3. Lt.Cmdr.LaForge

hmm not quite sure how that post was relevant, but thanks anyway. P Stewart as Robin Hood, classic.

4. Vonstadt

Vonstadt Captain Captain

Madison Square Garden : Let's Go Rangers!
    Seems fairly relevant to me. I'm guessing this is one of Nellie's favorite hand to hand scenes.

As for me, I second your pick of Duras/Worf. I loved how it fiished with Riker arriving just in time to yell "Worf NO!" and Worf never slows his swing.

I just couldnt stand Duras :P

5. Whoa Nellie

The screen cap and line is from the fourth season episode "Qpid" where Picard runs Sir Guy through with a broad sword while dueling with him over Vash. The sword duel is, as Q puts it, All for the love of a maid. :)

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

Edited to add:

Indeed it is. :)

6. Dane_Whitman

Dane_Whitman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Worf/Duras fight is excellent but I also want to mention the Kahless/Worf and Kahless/Gowron fights in Rightful Heir. Above average choreography!

7. Lt.Cmdr.LaForge

i apologize, it would seem i have not yet encounted that episode, but i shall, i have seasons 1-7 of TNG on DVD now, im watching through them =]

8. Whoa Nellie

No need to apologize. Enjoy watching TNG! :)

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

9. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!
    People,

Yeah, Whoa Nellie, that was a good fight between Picard and Guy!

I really enjoyed the holodeck monster program fights. The first one was pretty good, in Where Silence Has Lease, where Worf and Riker mix it up with his holodeck monsters. Then, Worf nearly turns on Riker till he snaps him out of by yelling, "AT EASE, LIEUTENANT!"

The second one is in The Emissary, where K'Ehylar is running Worf's monsters program while he watches. She dispatches her enemies, then says to Worf, "It's not much of a program." Worf gives her his Klingon eye of disaproval, then bellows, "Computer! Level TWO!" And then they fight some more monsters.

Another short fight I enjoyed was in A Matter of Honor. When Klagg challenges Riker's authority over him, Riker proceeds to kick his ass.

Red Ranger

10. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

The mano-a-mano fight scene that comes to my mind is from The Hunted, when Riker and Worf are trying to keep Rogar Danar down. I don't think TNG got very physical very often.