I miss Star Trek.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Dale Sams, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

I actually liked Stargate Atlantis. Good characters and an enemy which was actually exciting and a bit scaring (The Wraith).

I didn't like Stargate Universe. The premise was good but we had those incredibly dull character constantly arguing and bickering. I found it so boring so I actually switched channels on some occasions. I finally stopped watching it. The only reason I started watching it again was that it became a joke between me and one of my friends.

Farscape was another story. It was actually good and I wouldn't mind to watch it again.

But I must admit that Trek is superior to all other SF-series when it comes to storytelling and good characters.

As for the Abramsverse, I might re-evalue my not so positive feelings about it if they bring in Yoda and Chewbacca! ;)

As for the series I watch right now, my favorites are NCIS :techman:, the CSI series, well at least CSI NY since CSI Miami is gone and the original series lost everything when Grissom and Willows left. I also watch occasional episodes of Law And Order SVU when I have time.

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved Atlantis. SGU sucked for it's first season. It's second was okay it it's first half and good in the second half. Then it predicatably got cancelled.

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

The one time in its run I was really into Atlantis was the second half of the first season. After that I think it just kind of sunk into a pattern of overly disposable storylines bordering on camp.

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

As a TOS fan, I loved it for that.

6. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Loved Farscape, and was blown away by John and Aeryn! :bolian: :drool: :bolian:

(Did I fix it right?)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am an Atlantis fan.. I would probably agree with everyone's Atlantis bashing but I still love it. I love it not being set on Earth, I love the CITY!!! The Flying City!! and the view from the balconies. And of course you know who. And the colors, there's something about all that blue..

I've watched one season of Farscape and it has yet to grab me, I'm afraid it got shoved to the back burner in favor of SG:1. But it seems I am missing something. I do love Bab 5 very much, I think it's far superior to Trek and as I've said before if there was a Bab5BBS as active as this one I'd be there.

Lynx I can't stand all those alphabet procedural shows.. and I have never figured out the appeal after whatever the initial one was. That said I owe them a debt because they gave Stargate Atlantis an opportunity to do one of my favorite episodes ever, Vegas.

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have yet to watch OriginalWho and it's a comforting thought that so very very much Who is still waiting for me :)

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member