(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Iasius

Iasius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sadly, I have to say Donetsk deserved to win. :(

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

3. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Now all the seasons are coming to a finish. I just want to say something about Senderos.

This guy is the ultimate fail. He is the definition of a walking disaster and a swiss cheese in defense. His ridiculously clumsy tackles make you want to bash his head in with a bat. His granny pace would be fine in Serie A if not for the fact that his positioning is still horrendous after 6 months playing with Paolo Maldini. This makes me question whether or not he has any functioning brain cell in his head. Fuck did our scouts even watch him play for Arsenal? I mean he can't take on any defender 1 on 1 without being nutmegged. Wenger you can have him back.

4. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

At this point I'm wondering if TrekBBS has merged with the Arsenal forums I visit.

Listen, we knew he was crap. Why do you think we loaned him out ? It's called revenge for nicking Flamini off of us.

5. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Fabregas cleared in spitting row.

Hull should get a hefty fine for this, at least. In fact, throwing around these lies just because they lost should carry a points deduction.

6. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

That's just as bad. They haven't been able to prove the allegations, but equally there's no evidence Brown made the whole thing up. Best just to drop it and move on.

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Fabregas was not just cleared, he and Arsenal were told that there was no case to answer.

Amongst other things, Hull, also accused Arsenal if trying to influence the referee at half time which I consider to be a serious allegation, one they were unable to prove.

Hull's behaviour during the whole affair has shown up the complete lack of class and respect they have. From Brown saying that Arsene has never shaken his hand (YouTube disagreed) to the bizarre comments about how Fabregas was dressed on the night in question.

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

What we're not even allowed to comment on Arsenal players fashion sense (or lack thereof) anymore? ;)

9. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

It's well known that Arsenal players have no fashion sense, but that's not really relevant to Hull's case against him. :)

That said, Mr. Brown can hardly talk given that I've seen him wearing bright orange shirts to match his fake tan. :D

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah, I remember the 3 weeks when he was out manager...he didn't half wear some odd stuff...and what's the thing with the tan, what's he got to hide! (or is he just naturally orange perhaps?)

11. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He claims he doesn't use self tan or a tanning bed. :rolleyes: So naturally orange, then.

12. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You loaned him out only because our scouts were apparently too brain dead to see rubbish as rubbish.

We didn't nick Flamini off you guys. Your owners were simply too cheap to pay him.

13. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I was kidding. Calm down. I agree with you, Senderos is rubbish.

14. TheArsenal

I was surprised how rubbish he actually turned out to be. He always looked steady enough for his country, and I thought it was the pace of the English game that was throwing him off. Turns out, there was more to it.

15. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Fabergas is a spitter though, so you can hardly blame Hull. Where there's smoke....

Shameful that he's your captain. :(

16. Tomalak

And Arsene has been known to refuse a handshake. :p

17. Tomalak

There was a point where he looked half-decent. Wasn't he in the defence that season when you got to the Champions League final, only to be replaced with Campbell in the actual final?

He did always look totally befuddled, even when he was tasked with some basic defending, like clearing his lines. It's quite shocking that he seems to have got worse after half a season playing with Maldini and being coached by Tassotti.

18. TheArsenal

He replaced him in the semi, IIRC. Scored the opening goal in the Final, so he earned his pay I guess. However, Cashley replaced Flamini at left back in the actual Final after Flamini had played there admirably. Some speculate that "insult" was never forgiven, and was the end of his time at AFC.

19. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Shouldn't you be swearing at a TV camera or attacking a referee ?

20. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Wolfsburg wins the championship in Germany. *puke*

I hope Bayern still loses their CL spot, although that doesn't appear likely at the moment.