MU Dominion

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Aquehonga, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

I imagine the MU “Dominion” being the Mirror Gamma Quadrant's Federation. In the MU, the “Dominion” is not the Changeling Empire it is here.

Picture this “Dominion” as being a quadrental “clone” of the RU's UFP &/or the Old Republic from SW. The MU “Dominion” certainly wouldn't be called the Dominion as that's it's RU Imperialist counterpart's name.

What would or should the MU “Dominion” be called, as in the MU the “Dominion” would be a noble, democratic Pax Galactica?

The Jem'Hadar would be radically different, if they “exist” there at all. The Vorta would be very different also.

What about the other ΓQ species in the MU?

YOUR turn(s) now>

2. Pegasus

Pegasus Lieutenant Red Shirt

The mirror universe Dominion would be called the Confederacy.
    The Vorta and Jem'hadar will be able to reproduce and the founders would be like the humans of our universe, the mediators and cement that holds it all together.

3. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really? I kinda figured like everything else in the MU, it'd be more violent, more bloody, more lethal... etc.
    The Jem'Hadar would have more spines, the cruelty of the Vorta would be more overt, all planets in the Dominion would be conquered by force, with no trade agreements or attempts at peaceful-ish attempts at working together.

But I love the idea of them being more peaceful and more like the RU's Federation. The Jem'Hadar as people... who serve as soldiers too, the Vorta should stick to science and diplomacy... the Jem'Hadar also enjoy engineering. The Founders... decided that just because they met some jerks in the galaxy that it was not an appropriate response to enslave the whole thing, and instead set up their quiet corner with proper defenses and tried not to be paranoid nutcases bent on domination...

4. Pegasus

Founders: Security and diplomacy.
    Vorta: Science and diplomacy, (major).
    Jem'hadar: Engineering, tactical, and marines.

5. 3D Master

3D Master Rear Admiral

Or maybe they're just exactly the same. The Klingons aren't that different in the MU, and the original planet that Kirk and his counterpart were trying to get into the Federation/Empire, weren't different at all.

It seems more like only the humans are truly a nastier different bunch.

6. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

Where's the fun in that:confused:

7. Pegasus

I agree no fun at all. Because an Alliance between Klingons, Cardassians, and Bajorans would never work in our universe. Something has to be different except their hatred for the Terran Empire that made sucha thing possible.

8. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

MU Dominion is still "The Dominion". The Founders used a bit of trickery to impersonate the deities of the worlds they rule, and convince their populace that their beliefs all refer to the same beings - them. They actually make pretty good "gods", and rule over their worlds in a mostly benevolent fashion. The Vorta act as their mortal spokespeople, and the Jem'Hadar as sort of their angels or paladins.

They sent sleeper agents to the AQ, just like in the RU. When the wormhole finally opened at Terok Nor, the Dominion fully saw what they were dealing with. The agents were "awakened", and given orders to continue shaping matters for later. The Dominion then explosively closed the wormhole.

9. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..

Kinda sound like a cross between the Goa'uld and the Ori(All Hallowed are the Ori.):devil:.

10. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would have to think that the MU Dominion is about the same as our universe's. Most of the MU Empires were changed by something that made things different from the 'standard' universe. We do not know of such an event taking place, either canonically or in the books.

11. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

12. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

Exactly!

Like MU B:borg:rg, the MU Dominion will remain an unknowable unresolvable mystery for the farseeable future, which I think is excellent:techman:

Very true about canon/continuity.There's NO depiction of MU B:borg:org &/or Dominion in official ST canon/continuity.

Luckily that's left for everyone to ponder & hypothesize about ad infinitum:hugegrin:

These things should become like The Derelict & Space Jockey(s) of the ALIEN(S) films.

Something unresolved in canon on-screen continuity, & hopefully stay that way.

All these things (MU :borg: & Dominion, Alien's SJs/Derelict, etc) must remain fuel for infinite speculations, fan films, theories, fanfix, comic boox, video games, books & novels:)

Some of life's are best left unsolved.

13. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Well, actually the writer of Alien DID have a whole story for the Jockeys all plotted out and everything. He just left it out because he though mystery was good.

14. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree. The MU is more about how different the galaxy would be if humans didn't go down the peace and good times path.

The Founders would have still been persecuted by solids because that's what we do and they would found the Dominion in response and head down the same path.

15. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

Looks really :cool:!

Will have to check that out:techman:

16. cybersoldier

cybersoldier Commander Red Shirt

I think the MU Dominion would be like the Federation. Changlings,Jem'hadar,vota, and other dominion species be elected to varies aspects of the government.

17. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Questions like this one always come back to the key question about the MU: Why are humans different? Where is the point of divergence?

If it's because the whole universe is different somehow, then all bets are off on how any given species is going to be. Raw speculation is fun, but that's all we've got because there's no other basis to work with.

If it goes back to the precursor race being different, then that would affect the Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons, and Cardassians, too.

If it is just the humans, but they've always been different, then there's no telling how far flung the effects of that would be, either, given that the Preservers put humans all over the place. And heck, for all we know, some nasty group of primitive MU humans stole a Preserver ship and wrecked havoc for a while.

If it is at some point in recorded history, it still begs the question of how many alien visitations and time travel encounters would have had different outcomes, and how much effect would that have? Think about Rasmussen for a moment.... and that's just one example out of many.

The MU Dominion may be completely different because somebody who, in the regular universe, was a time traveller that went back from the 27th century and saved some ancient Vorta ancestor, was instead killed by a human or someone directly or indirectly affected by humans before they had the chance to in the MU.

18. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

Intriguing:vulcan:

Finally got to read that there aficionadofic Mistral:cool:

I found it kinky. Like stampeding cattle through the Vatican. Kinky that way:hugegrin:

How much chewing gum does the U.S.S. Dauntless carry?