The DOOMSDAY MACHINE- Videos, stills, rare insights, fan made material

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by spockboy, Nov 6, 2014.

1. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: The DOOMSDAY MACHINE- Videos, stills, rare insights, fan made mate

I remember not liking this one very much as a child but being totally blown away when seeing it in 1979 and everytime since! It remains one of the very best if not thee very best of Star Trek!
    JB

2. ihno

ihno Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I had already seen the interviews a few days ago (inspired by this thread :D ). But I don't mind watch it again.

Windom seemed to be really funny and sweet. The way he describes the fans is quite fitting I guess. But I don't think his damn son had such a big career. :D (one movie only ;) ).

The longer version is interesting and true in many other aspects: I guess I'm a typical fan, I have always liked the episodes most that played on the Enterprise (I guess they're called bottleshows) and not on some boring planet. :D

My fave scene in this episode is when Spock is relieving Decker from command and Decker moves in the chair to the other side as if he wants to be as far away from Spock as possible.

And yes, I like your pics. Feel free to continue and do this for other episodes too (but not the boring ones :D ).

ihno :)

3. spockboy

spockboy Captain Captain

Well I gess that does it. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread. I want to end with a detailed article about a wonderful 36 inch solid wood model of the Enterprise and how it was constructed (lots of big pictures) and then finally, my favorite picture of William Shatner.

WOODEN MODEL LINK
    http://crestfirestudios.blogspot.ca/p/uss-enterprise.html?showComment=1415981965836

[​IMG]

Shatner's expression is priceless...

[​IMG]