HEROES - Season 1

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

LOST is a great show, despite my ex thinking it getting to bogged down. She was down on it before we broke up and when we did "lost" interest in following it. She says she is done with it. However, she loved s2 of HEROES and thinks people are overly harsh on it.

Ironically its her S2 set I'm going to get tonight

I shall not compare or contrast the two until I've at least watched s2 and started s3 of HEROES.

2. Galactus

Galactus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I will have to take your word for it. I gave up on it. No one that I know that liked it still watches it. I know it is still popular, but I can work with it. Maybe I will get bored one day and watch the season. The only way lost could have gotten good was that something drastic happened and doubt it did. I guess I just wanted Lost to be a different type of show instead of the one it turned into. I bet if I tuned in it would be like I missed last week's episode.

3. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

I gave up on Lost, too. My interest just dried up during season 2.

4. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Oh yeah, Lost is definitely one of the best shows on TV at the moment. Only reason I included "one of" in there is because I haven't seen everything. It's easily my favorite of the current running lot.

They're certainly making it up as they go, but they're doing such a damned fine job of it (usually) that I really don't care for once.

Especially now that the Oceanic Five will be trying to find their way back to the Island---if Jack can convince the others to go---should be some good times ahead.

Well, since so far it's reinvented itself every season, I have to wonder what type of show you think it is currently and what you were hoping for.

While I do miss the "pure survival" aspect of early season 1, the more heavily scifi vibe it's had lately isn't really unwelcome.

5. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

Lost was great in S1, and was surprisingly good in S4 - *BUT* S2 and S3 were pretty bad, IMO.

Until they started using the flash-forward device in S4 the show was just running on empty... we had already found out almost everything interesting about the characters in S1, and the mysteries on the island were going nowhere. But it seems like they finally plotted out the rest of the show when they started writing S4, and it made a big difference.

6. Dorian Thompson

I love the two new promos for season three added at youtube. Whoever scored them did a wonderful job. The second one is very spoilery. Don't look if you don't want to know.

villains

All we want to do is eat your brains

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Both links are the same.

8. Dorian Thompson

Whoops! Sorry about that. It's fixed now.