Will they go back to primeTrek after nuTrek finishes?.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Dar70, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinema Geekly

Cinema Geekly Commander Red Shirt

I don't think a BR release of the original Star Wars is coming anytime soon sadly. I don't think Disney gets distribution right for V and VI for a few years yet and FOX permanently own rights to episode IV. So any deal would involve some sort of teaming with FOX.

2. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

2020 is the cutoff date for it all that I've heard.

Besides, it's Disney. You know how much money they have, right? I can see the deal now!
    "Give us Star Wars and you can have your current Marvel properties in perpetuity" Boom. Problem solved. :D

3. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was reading the other day that fans are apprehensive of the 20th Century Fox logo at the beginning of SW being replaced by the Disney logo, and I don't blame them.
    I hope there will be some deal whereby the movies can retain the Fox fanfare. Disney can just stick their logo before that.

4. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

^
    The logo has already been replaced on the newest releases.

5. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

However, as I understand it, when the movies open, they won't open with the Disney logo, but right on to the Lucasfilm logo, just as the Disney/Marvel movies open only with the Marvel Studios logo.

6. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Huh. Well, that's a shame.

7. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

I also love how these same fans thank that a major fan film like Axanar is somehow better than the Abrams Star Trek movies simply because it has the older actors from the previous three recent series and that because it has the 'original' Star Trek universe, somehow it will be more popular because it's telling a story about Axanar. If it's so good, then where's the young Lieutenant James Kirk who was a member of the peace mission? These people are deluded.

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I can't see that ever happening. It's not a Fox movie; it's a Disney movie. They're not going to put another company's logo on their product just for nostalgia's sake.

That would be like CBS running a NBC promo before a new STAR TREK series . . . or a new boxed set of TOS episodes. :)

9. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

(emphasis mine)

For your first two sentences, you weren't doing badly. Not great, but not too badly. That last (bolded) one is a problem, though. You've been asked on several occasions to refrain from taking swipes at groups of fans with whom you do not agree.

Knowing that it was a thing you weren't supposed to do, you did it anyway. Compounding that, you dredged up a post from more than six months ago to use as an excuse for taking the swipe.

Poor form, that, and here it will earn you a warning. Comments to PM.

10. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

That probably won't happen studios tend to be notorious with their property. With that said I don't mind the logo change. I just want the new SW movies to be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.