SW AU - A Glimmer of Hope

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by CaptainSarine, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ That is a fitting description of the build up.

2. CaptainSarine

CaptainSarine Commander Red Shirt

Hi all!

Thanks for all the comments, apologies for the late response, have been low on internet usage time in the past few days!

Nerys,

Yeah, a smart move from Boor, allowing him to take the credit for the capture of the "rebels", while also unexpectedly for him revealing that there may have been more to this little bounty than he had expected.

I'm glad you liked 'Lo. We hardly saw much of him in the earlier chapters, but I wanted to play around with the Jarjar hatred a little bit, twist it on its ear somewhat and show the Gungans as more than just comic relief. Although I find Lo to be quite funny in his own right. (Or used to... :wah:)

I hope I'll be able to have some more regular postings, but experience over the last year has taught me not to make any promises!! Still, I hope there'll be more of this for you soon.

Thanks so much Admiral Young! Knowing that you are highly critical just makes your comments even more amazing. So thanks very, very much!

I love the Star Wars universe, and these characters, so I'm glad that you feel I've been doing them justice. Now I just need to try and be a little more regular in my updates!

As to the darkness... Well, the title is purposefully a glimmer as opposed to a new hope. This book is really about Anakin and how his different choices changed him and the galaxy, and I thought it would be interesting to show how his not actually turning to the dark side could make things worse instead of better. This facet of the story should hopefully be slightly clearer in the next few chapters!

Ares,

Thanks for the comment!

I only have one thing to add: I wouldn't expect the dawn any time soon.

See above! :guffaw:

3. Gojirob

Gojirob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually, the night is always darkest--in the middle of the night. Keep up the good work. If the dawn comes, even if this Empire isn't dramatically overconfident, it still lacks the 'one player chessboard' advantage Palps had in the prequels.

4. CaptainSarine

LOL! Yes, it is true. Still, "night is always darkest just before dawn" has much more of a poetic ring to it, don't you think? :techman:

Thanks for the comment, glad you're still here.

I've just started on the first draft of the next chapter, taking us back to Lyana, Lance and Leia (wow, so did not do that on purpose, I feel like Stan Lee!!!) and the internment camp. We may just be seeing a glimmer of light in this chapter! :p

Joel

5. Gojirob

Still checking in. I've been doing a lot of work on finding work, and inbetween applications (Many apps; Few interviews) working on the Elfen Lied wiki and some mixed fic. I hope this new year sees me gainfully employed, plus a new segment of 'When James Met Nyota'.

These major AU's are a bear; produce at your own pace.

6. Admiral_Young

Can't wait for the next chapter, this story is like crack!! Extremely addictive.

7. Gojirob

BTW, I've been hitting the Christmas Specials Wiki, too. Guess which 'Holiday Special' won for Worst Ever? Go on, Guess. :D

8. Admiral_Young

Any updates Joel?

9. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

Yeah, come on, mate. We miss you. :lol:

I'm forced to write SW-fic on my own when I'm not reading yours. (pun not intended.)

Alright, i really didnt want to do this, but you've forced my hand. (This is bloody ridiculous...) If I have to be your conscience, then so be it!

[​IMG]

10. Admiral_Young

Still waiting for an update, ever hopeful :)

11. ares93

*Puppy eyes*

Pretty please? Update. :hugegrin:

12. CaptainSarine

Hi guys!

Well, to give somewhat of an explanation to my absence... My wife was pregnant, so had to do a lot around the house. She has now given birth and my son (our first) was born last night!!!! :)

Joel

13. Admiral_Young

Congratulations!!!

14. ares93

I suppose that means we wont get an update for few years.:lol:

Nah, I'm just pulling your leg. Congratulations, mate! So you'll have a Mini-Sarine running around and making a mess of everything in no time. Enjoy it while the little Jedi doesn't walk (or run). Then you're in trouble. :)

Jokes aside, no need to fret. Had we known we probably wouldn't had kept this up. After all, family comes before everything.

Cheers

15. Admiral_Young

16. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Congratulations!! :D

17. issreliant

issreliant Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Congrats!! Captain!, enjoy your new addition to the crew!

18. Cobalt Frost

Cobalt Frost Captain Captain

Cobalt Frost in Phineas & Ferb's backyard
    Awesome! Congratulations, you're going to love it.

19. Admiral_Young

Just wanted to know how it was going with the Youngling Joel. Hope things are well.

20. CaptainSarine

Hi all!

Well, four months have gone by and we're finally settling in to taking care of our little youngling. He's great, all smiles most of the time, sleeping through the night... We're really lucky.

Thanks to you all for your kind words when I announced the arrival of the little one, and I hope you are still interested in A Glimmer of Hope because I will have some more up by next monday!

See you soon and may the FanFiction Forum be with you! :p

Joel