The OFFICIAL STNG Next Level Bluray watch and review thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by RAMA, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yeah it sort of is, but it's a minor scene and it's also often cut for the two-parter.

2. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

Yeah, I had the same thought. That scene should have come earlier.

3. Trekker4747

[​IMG]

The Legends were true!

On the Dr. Crusher scene, it was probably added for the sole purpose of having to edit it out for the two-parter so it had to be placed where it was to facilitate that.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Or right at the end after the crisis had passed.

5. BillJ

Seeing it really makes me wish that the original effects elements had been available for TOS-R.

Opening scene of Sins of the Father looks like shit.

6. Trekker4747

Holly shit! Anyone notice how much more you can see going on in the Observation Lounge at the end of the opening credits?! It used to be vague shadows moving around in there but now it's like looking into the actual room!

7. Trekker4747

It's interesting the things you can now see with the higher resolution. Watch as Data sits down at OPS on the battle bridge when Riker begins the manual redocking. You can see a hand print on the station obviously a transfer of the oil/makeup from Spiner during a previous take.

8. BillJ

Only The Inner Light left. Ugh.

9. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, you guys are really burning through these. I'm only planning on watching one episode per night myself.

10. Trekker4747

It's only four episodes, about three hours of material.

I don't think I could contain myself watching "one a night." Hell, it's going to be agony waiting for the first season and then getting to then even better seasons after that.

11. gaghyogi49

gaghyogi49 Commander Red Shirt

I love how you can all of a sudden see the tiny details. The fruit basket Zorn offers to Riker, for example. On DVD, I could only clearly make out the bananas. Now you can see tomatoes, grapes and an orange as well.

Or the data file about Kahlest in "Sins of the father". Here's what we got to see on DVD:

[​IMG]

and here on Blu-ray:

[​IMG]

(This is not a screencap, I photographed my TV for that shot...)

We, at Memory Alpha, will have lots of work, once the Blu-rays are released... :-)

12. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

OK got home and mine isn't delivered yet. Amazon can suck it :) I told my doorman to ring me if there are any late deliveries. Do I get it for free if it doesn't come on the day-of-release and I paid for that?!

13. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I dunno, I can't go back and rewatch them at the moment, but I feel like it was even further than that. At least, I don't believe the saucer filled 3/4 of the shot when it passed overhead.

14. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

You can always try complaining. I got a refund on postage after I complained about late delivery, though it arrived 2 days after it was supposed to.

15. Trekker4747

Ah, LCARS' Google, you will present us with much joy.

;)

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I remember there were always a few different versions of that shot. Some where the Enterprise came a lot closer to the camera than others, or they used a different model...

17. gaghyogi49

gaghyogi49 Commander Red Shirt

You haven't decided whether or not to buy TNG on Blu-ray, yet? Maby this will convince you:
    Check out this DVD (DVD, not Blu-ray!) screenshot. Not only is the text about Kahlest legible now (red box) but also the text in the LCARS "buttons" (green boxes). Talk about quality upgrade! :-)

[​IMG]

18. Trekker4747

Hell, just seeing the details on the Enterprise model is awesome enough!

Anyone notice the digital "remaster" to up-scaled video switch in "Sins"? I can't say I noticed it?

19. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

^I did, but thats only because I knew where it was. The only thing that really puts it down is a muted look and Beverly's hair is fuzzier than in the next shot. Apart from that its OK and doesn't really ruin the show.

20. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

Well I am screwed today, good thing i didn't invite my industry friends over. Amazon used Smart Post to deliver it, which means it was delivered to my POST OFFICE today, but not to ME today. Very frustrating. They have refunded my money so at least I get if for free, but I would rather be watching TNG-R right now!