PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

:bolian: Neat! quite a vista.

2. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Cool photo!

And here in NYC, spring has finally sprung:

[​IMG]

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

The option is there, but now you have to make your photos public in order to post them to a forum. Previous to this you could post things to a forum that were set to private. As my default is private I have to change them to public to post and IF I was posting in all different kind of places it would mean anyone clicking on a pic could see all my public ones which is problematic for some people.

Supposedly they have fixed this but so far it doesn't seem to be the case.

4. teacake

Went to the zoo today..

[​IMG]

5. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    Gorgeous shot. I scrolled down about as far as the building roof and caught myself saying Griffith Park out loud.

6. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Are you giving that seal a dental exam? :lol:

7. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

My life right now...
    [​IMG]

8. teacake

That's the keeper's hand :lol:

9. teacake

Went to the beach today, these jellyfish are everywhere. You can see them swimming off piers on their own, and they are frequently in the shallows. I hauled this one out of the waves to take a photo of it (it was dead), I swear it weighed at least a kilo. It was hugely chunky and solid with a lot of visible organs (?) inside of it.

That's my foot next to it, to show off how huge it is. I saw dozens of them. They are Blue Blubber jellyfish.

[​IMG]S2840163 by Vitawheat, on Flickr

10. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

A little Throwback Thursday, me with the most awesome dog in the world Snoopy.
    [​IMG]

11. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Half of me is going "ick!" at the thought of you hauling one anywhere, and the other half of me is all "Cool!" What does it feel like?

There was a really cool Jellyfish exhibit at the Shedd Aquarium here that we went to in the fall. I had no idea there was such a range in size.

12. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love the "ZOMG this isn't what it looks like!" expression on the dog's face. :guffaw:

13. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Cool jellyfish pic, teacake. I've never personally seen them wash ashore right in front of me but I've seen them floating offshore and was impressed by their almost extraterrestrial eeriness.

14. teacake

Kestra it feels like hard gelatine. If you push it it seems it might pop, but it won't because it's fairly dense. It is also smooth but not slimy like the clear ones we get here. I've seen quite a few different kinds on the shore, including common and very painful ones ( up north) but these are the most dramatic! It was amazing watching them swim.

If you want big though you have to go to the Nomura Jellyfish which can weigh over 400lbs.. which we do not have here!

http://life-sea.blogspot.com.au/2011/07/life-of-nomuras-jellyfish.html

And btw it is easy to find jellyfish to eat here as well (the tentacles).. though they taste like nothing, only what they are marinated in.

15. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Kind of like tofu.

16. teacake

Yeah they are like clear, chewy kinda crunchy strings. They have even less flavour than tofu, really they bring texture to the flavour of the dish.

To continue my last day of summer pics.. (I've had at least 5 last day of summer days, the summer keeps going and going this year)..

Saw about 8 penguins in the rocks. This was the best pic I got. These are Fairy Penguins which are have a colony of about 800 near the city. Also saw a fluffy baby one :D

[​IMG]

Black Swans which are native to Australia and were wading up to anyone with food.

[​IMG]

My beautiful city! The penguins were in the rocks curving mid left of the picture.

[​IMG]

Had the Vegetarian Tapas platter. It was fantastic and of course sitting out over water in the sun makes everything wonderful.

[​IMG]

In Vino Veritas, Melbourne is a gorgeous place. And that's a pinot gris.

[​IMG]

17. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    That's a glorious set of pictures, teacake. That food looks so wonderful!

18. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

All your other pics are awesome (cute fluffy birds!), but this looked too good not to comment upon. :drool:
    I'm going to need to reference this picture next time someone asks me whether I get bored eating "just vegetables."

19. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    That's a yummy-looking table of food. The bright colors and variety alone are making my mouth water.

20. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is an old photo of my nephew, but I'm posting it today because his sweet kitty, Franklin, died this morning. His old dog, Henry, died a few years ago. I love this picture- Sam was doing his best to pay attention to both pets!

[​IMG]