AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Apr 20, 2012.

?

How do you grade The Avengers?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2012.
  1. A+

46.4%
  2. A

31.8%
  3. A-

9.3%
  4. B+

5.3%
  5. B

3.4%
  6. B-

1.6%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1.2%
  9. C-

0.3%
  10. D+

0.3%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0.3%
  1. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yesssssssss. My favorite Hawkeye moment, though, was when he shot an arrow at Loki, who caught it, gave The Hawk a "bitch, please" look...and the arrow blew up in his face. :guffaw:

Black Widow: I'd like to be Fucking Hawkeye...

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I have that one too, in fact I seem to have about 20 or 30 gifs of him now. Not sure how that happened.

3. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Come to think of it, Loki takes a lot of abuse in this film. Rightly so, but usually the bad guy sits back and lets the minions fight until the climax.

4. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I can't help but wonder if the Loki arrow moment was influenced by a scene in the Dark Knight Returns, where Green Arrow shoots an explosive kryptonite arrow at Superman.

5. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

That's largely Joss' thing for having his characters messed around or abused, this time he just had the entire main cast do it to Loki.

6. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Not feeling it.

He told Natasha that perhaps if he put an arrow in his(Loki's) eye he might sleep better.

During the fight while she is on the glider she tells Clint that she's bringing him your way.

That moment is fairly organic within the movie and I don't see it as being reflective of that moment in the comic from DKR.

7. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

;)
    As long as he had his hearing aid turned way, way up. ;)

8. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Or he could be aiming off the reflection from one of the glass and steel towers.

9. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Can't wait to get a decent quality screenshot of the group shot as they "arrest" Loki at the end. That was awesome

10. Captain Craig

I heard rumors of a late September bare bones release. So maybe by then you can do a freeze frame for that image.

11. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

In the movie I acutally liked Loki.

The actor's delivery of what I have come to think of as the "thunder" line was spot on. (Bam! There is Thor.)

I did not want him to win, but I did not want him to lose either. He was just a fantastic crazy pants character with the right amount of charisma.

12. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed him in Thor for the same reasons as well. Despite everything he did in that movie, Hiddleson still gives Loki a sympathetic side.

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

One thing, in "The Avengers" Loki accuses Thor of "throwing him into an abyss."

Um...? Loki? You threw yourself into that abyss. You and Thor had fallen off the side of the Bifrost during its explosion and Odin caught Thor who in turn caught you by your scepter. There was a brief exchange between you and your father where he rejected you and your actions and you then willfully let go of your scepter and fell into the abyss. You could have been saved via your father and brother but you sort of decided to fall into nothingness.

14. zephramc

zephramc Commodore Commodore

I loved Loki's WTF look right after the arrow exploded. Then he spies Black Widow and you can see the "Oh, I'll kick her ass" thought going through his mind, when the Hulk steps in. :lol:

Loki was like the Wile E. Coyote of The Avengers.

15. Trekker4747

So here's a nitpicky level question. How did Loki and Selvig manage to get to the top of Stark Tower and set-up the device without anyone knowing? Even if the police and any security or staff working on/in the tower were evaded wouldn't at the very least Jarvis had noticed and called Tony? "Um... Mr. Stark there's some men here setting up some odd piece of machinery on your balcony. I don't have any interdimensional portals scheduled for construction today do you know anything about this?"

16. Captain Craig

Loki appeared to still have some limited teleportation magics going on.
    Loki also just appeared on the second story of the gala in Germany. He walks down the stairs and cocks the guy in the jaw.

He teleported via magic.

17. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Um...I'm pretty sure Loki can fly...and I'm definitely sure he can create illusions. I doubt it would be that hard.

18. Trekker4747

But illusions and such that even got past Jarvis? Illusions he maintained through the better part of a day while Selvig set-up the machinery on the top of the tower? I dunno, seems like a bit of a stretch it'd happen without Tony, Pepper or someone finding out about it from someone.

19. Captain Craig

Hey, Quesada told me "It's Magic", good enough. Just go with it. ;)

20. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Someone needs to make a Thor/Loki threadbomb with the old "Magic: Ain't gotta explain shit" caption now. :lol: