Where is Starfleet Headquarters?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Lakenheath 72, Feb 22, 2015.

1. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

[/QUOTE] The entire city is Starfleet Headquarters and the Academy.[/QUOTE]

See, this makes sense to me. Starfleet is portrayed an an enormous organizaton spread throughout the Federation. It makes sense that it's main headquarters location is a city almost totally dedicated to supporting it.

2. Nebusj

Nebusj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Weird. I don't see any of the nuclear wessels there.

3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

They're in Alameda! (#10) :)

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

[​IMG]
    There.

5. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Won't you take me to, Vulcan town?

Interesting map.

6. anti-matter

anti-matter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks like the Prisido...an Army base for over 200 years.

7. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Having basically the entire city be a Starfleet installation, with a smattering of camp followers, does make sense. What's problematic is how the other shows and movies make more than a token effort to put SF HQ at the Presidio end of the Golden Gate bridge (or, more specifically, ENT does its damnedest to fit the preceding evidence into supporting that location).

Within the context of those shows, it would be quite possible that buildings get torn and others built basically overnight, as need be, but the historical location is adhered to. And ENT tries to create continuity where the "Tillman Plant" architecture is established as a 22nd century feature spanning both ends of the bridge. But then come these nuverse folks and not only tear down everything but also swap all the locations!

Which is why I prefer to pretend that Pike's office wasn't in Presidio because SFHQ had moved, but because it had expanded. A lot.

(The Daystrom Building possibly wasn't at the "actual", central HQ at all, explaining why Starfleet response to "Harrison's" attack was so slow.)

Timo Saloniemi

8. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

The view with the Bridge as seen as Kirk and Spock are bound for Pike's office can't be had from SF at all. You have to be at least on the north end of Treasure Island, or across the bay in Berkeley or Emeryville. OTOH when they run up to Scotty to discuss the transwarp beaming device, the angle of the bridge (with the Marin headlands behind the north tower) is one that could be had from the northeast corner of the city.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015