Giving Enterprise another chance

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by JirinPanthosa, Dec 30, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I feel sorry for you people who miss out on so much Trek.

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I have to say, I like North Star. Maybe Enterprise could have benefited from a few more camp episodes.

What's up with Mayweather anyway?

I felt bad for Harry Kim, because he had no character development
    Until I met a man who had no lines

At least they kept him in the main cast, unlike Aiden Ford.

3. teacake

4. JirinPanthosa

Similitude might be the first really good episode of Enterprise. Archer takes perhaps the most morally questionable decision in Trek history, to create a human organ bank slave for the best interests of mankind, and we get a pure existential character study.

5. FFunctionalData

FFunctionalData Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Season 4 was great.

The highlight was the mirror universe ep.

6. FFunctionalData

FFunctionalData Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

this is just great. :rommie:

7. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

A character on Stargate Atlantis. After the first season he became a rarely seen reoccurring character in the second season. And he was in one fifth season episode.

They replaced him on the regular cast with Conan the Barbarian.

:)

8. Triskelion

Triskelion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ He had some awesome moves when fighting. Would like to see him and Chewie go at it (name escapes me at the moment). Teal'Q would have gone through Chewie like a Mexican sno cone. Instead we get an unrealistic tie.

But at least we had Chewie instead of the Chakotay-like wallflower (Hawling?) chewing the scenery behind Gabrielle the Warrior Princess character. And Jewel Staite.

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Ronon Dex was his name.

10. Triskelion

Triskelion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Oh right, the play on the masterless samurai.

11. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

[sarcasm] ~ I'm sure the similarity of the two names is a coincident. ~ [/sarcasm]

:)

12. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
    hahahahaha omg:rofl:

13. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
    I was never a huge fan of ENT but its still Star Trek and i would watch it if its on TV now because i miss TRek sooo much.
    It was not the best,but still fun.

14. teacake

Season 4 was in my super humble opinion some of the BEST TREK ever.

15. JirinPanthosa

I will say season 3 is an improvement over 1 and 2. I have no intention of not finishing the series now. Maybe it's better I watch it now and I didn't see it back then when I would have been judging it against other Star Trek series and been exposed to the constant week to week criticism on this site.

The time travel episode to 2004 was unnecessary. Enterprise overused time travel, having a time travel episode in an arc that's based on time travel is putting a hat on a hat. And it wasn't that interesting a time travel episode anyway.

16. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know I'm late to the thread, but when I did a rewatch a few years ago, I found Season 3 to be the best season. It didn't feel like Star Trek, but we got some juicy character moments and as a drama, the final episodes from Azati Prime to Zero Hour minus the last minute were some of the best Enterprise had to offer. It was those character moments that felt lost in Season 4, even though we got back to the more Star Trekkien aspects. Still, I think that 3 episode run of Azati Prime, The Forgotten, and Damage was the best Enterprise ever got.

17. NeedsOfTheMany

NeedsOfTheMany Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I really enjoyed moments of the 1st and 2nd season, the 3rd started to pick up and had some of the most solid writing in Enterprise. Season 4 to me was great, so much promise and momentum.

18. JirinPanthosa

The quality of the writing in the past few episodes has increased so much over even the beginning of the season it's ridiculous.

In fact, I was just browsing over the writing credits.

My favorite two episodes of the series so far: Similitude and Chosen Realm. And when I looked they just happend to be...the first two episodes written by Manny Coto.

And he wrote 6 episodes in season 4. Sweet.

Speaking of Chosen Realm, I think it was going very well until the last one minute. Why did they need that one last scene to say directly all the things they were implying for the rest of the episode?

19. JirinPanthosa

Strategem is interesting the way it puts Enterprise in the position of what would be the villains in any other series.

It really is amazing the way the writing improved so drastically just halfway through the season.

20. controlfreak

controlfreak Commander Red Shirt

I'm not sure I understand rewatching something you obviously hated just to make sure you still hate it. It seems like a colossal waste of time and energy, though I suppose if you're starting to appreciate it more this go 'round, more power to ya..