New To Voyager

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Garren, Jul 28, 2014.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Duct tape or milk ducts hmm..

Yes I am pro these things, therefore I win.

2. Kobayshi Maru

Kobayshi Maru Commodore Commodore

What spoilers, he was never undercover in Basics. You're confusing with earlier episodes, from Deadnought to investigations at which point the cover was... uncovered.

Basics was six episodes after that.

"spoilers"...

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

:: pats dub gently ::

It's cute how us old folk still say that about DS9.

4. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

ooooh, thanks for being gentle ;)

5. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Tom, Tuvok, and B'Elanna were all underused I think.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Janeway, the Doc, and Seven. An unhealthy love, actually. :lol:

But compare the outbreak of Spock (Vulcan) to Tuvok (Vulcan as well). They could have easily bumped his character up a few notches purely on the basis of cultural differences.

6. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Count me in on the Tom-Tuvok-B'Elanna-Love! The only one that I REALLY don't care for is Harry. Nice guy but so boring. Any episode where he is the central character I immediately lose interest.

Captain Kathryn, you and I have the same favourite characters:) I can't comment on Seven though as I haven't got to S4 yet but I'm sure she will be my third!

7. Captain Kathryn

Yeah I won't spoil you! Just wait. :) Though if you're a Kes fan you might get a bit angry...

8. Janeway’s Girl

Oh I already know about that. It's kind of hard to read up on Voyager and not know. I like Kes. I really like her friendship with the Doctor. How she helps him become more human. Seven seems so interesting though. I'm looking forward to meeting her!

9. Captain Kathryn

Yeah Seven has a good relationship with the Doc too! :) Hope that doesn't spoil much.

10. Janeway’s Girl

That I know of too! It makes sense though, seeing as they both have trouble understanding humanity. Also excited to see her interactions with Janeway!

11. Captain Kathryn

Yes those are especially good as well! :) Very very good.

12. Janeway’s Girl

Are you referring to Janeway and Seven? You wouldn't happen to be a J/7 shipper by any chance, would you?

13. Captain Kathryn

^^Yup I was referring to those two. They have some amazing scenes.

I am a J/C shipper! However after rewatching the series so many times, I TOTALLY empathize and endorse J/7. :) My heart says J/C because it was my original love. However sometimes those really intense scenes between Janeway and Seven make me also like that pairing.

My OTP is J/C. But I enjoy J/7! :) And I think it makes for some good fanfiction when written well.

But my true belief is that there was latent attraction and love between Janeway and Chakotay. However if I go out of character a bit, I can see J/7 too.

14. Janeway’s Girl

Damn! Just kidding:) Wishful thinking on my part. I think I am the only J/7 shipper on here:( I, like you in reverse, appreciate and like J/C. I totally see the connection between them. But in my heart of hearts... It's J/7. But I think regardless of who we ship with Janeway, we just want her to get some love:) She deserves it!

15. Captain Kathryn

You are totally not alone with the J/7 pairing! Our resident VOY expert Teacake is a J/7 shipper (at least to my most up to date knowledge!), as are some other people! One girl that commented on a podcast I did is a J/7 shipper (forget her username on BBS though) .

16. Captain Kathryn

Oh and totally agree on Janeway needing some love. SHE DESERVES IT ALL.

17. Janeway’s Girl

Really? teacake never told me that and we have been back and forth on the "How Is Janeway Sexy" thread for days! Guess I'll have to bring it up:) You do podcasts? Cool!

Also I feel the need to tell someone who will care, as none of my IRL friends like Star Trek. I ordered the Janeway 9" action figure yesterday! So excited! I should get her in 2 weeks:) Do you have any figures?

18. Captain Kathryn

Unless something changed in the past... 6 months? She is definitely a J/7 shipper! However I can't speak for her of course :)

19. Janeway’s Girl

Oh goody goody gumdrops!

20. Kobayshi Maru

Kobayshi Maru Commodore Commodore

So was Kes when she came back for one last time. :lol: