The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Really? Interesting, thanks for the correction

Ah, yea, so same difference

2. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Also, on Talking Dead after the show, they were talking about how the zombie's nails had hardened after death, making them better able to tear through the flesh.. I don't remember the exact location of the "incision" but wasn't it actually below the breast bone, and not the ribcage itself?

3. Sindatur

I was thinking the nails hardened after death, but, after the "Keep growing" faux pas, I figured I'd keep that thought to myself, in case it too was wrong, LOL. :alienblush:

I'm pretty sure it was belly that the Zombie ripped open, not the chest, so yea, below the rib cage.

4. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

The nails and hair appear to get longer because the flesh dehydrates? Nails harden after death? Fascinating.

I just assumed that it was softer part of the lower abdomen that was ripped open. However, this zombie seemed smarter and quieter. Or perhaps they all rip and tear but we have not been as focused on it? But that does not explain the stealth.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Stealth in this case explained: Darkness, Dale distraught, noisy cow. Maybe soggy ground? close enough for me to suspend disbelief.

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Crap. I'm going to miss Dale. :(

But what a great episode; even better than usual. Painfully realistic. One can easily see a group of essentially decent people willing to execute a kid under those circumstances, especially when being egged on by a macho psycho like Shane. Dale's voice of reason will be missed. But hopefully his death will not be in vain. I agree that they brought up Andrea's history as a lawyer and her last-minute conversion to Dale's side to signal a change in her character. And in the previews, Rick is talking about Dale's comment that the group is broken. I'm anxious to see how this plays out.

The death scene was also painfully well done. Especially Daryl's initial panic, and how he ultimately took the gun from Rick.

7. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Even with sharper n longer nails I still have issues with how quick it ripped him open, he should of been cut n bleeding badly in that case but not opened like a tin can.

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

9. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Oh God that is ghastly. I don't think I could sleep with that in the house.

10. Sindatur

Dang, that's bold. I thought The Sleepaway Camp "Survival Kit" Movies Box Set was bold with it's bloody Notebook, but, man, wow.

I hope for the sake of DVD Sales Numbers, that's not the only available packaging, I think that could drive people away from getting the set. It's great for those who can appreciate it, but, someone, for example who loves the show (but has to watch it late at night), and wants the DVD set, but, has young children they wouldn't want to expose to that Box, it might make them decide not to get the DVDs, if there isn't a "typical" packaging available.

11. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Remember though that we are talking about a zombie. If it broke its fingers ripping him open, it wouldn't stop to complain, it'd keep going regardless.

Personally i didn't think suspension of disbelief was needed at all. Humans have ripped open stomachs with sharpened fingernails before.

In Ancient Greece, one of the Olympic events was for two competitors to alternate hitting each other with a single blow, the first to incapacitate the other won.
    One such competitor is historically noted to have sharpened his finger nails, struck his opponents belly with his fingers extended, cut open their stomach, then reached across to pull out their intestines.
    He was of course disqualified, although not for the sharpened nails trick, but because the disembowelling counted as two hits.

With enough pressure and/or broken, jagged nails the zombie would be more than capable enough of tearing open Dale's stomach.

12. Sindatur

And, disemboweling is a typical Zombie manuever. How many times have we seen a Zombie hunched over a body, pulling out the innards, looking like Sausage chains in movies? Numerous. I'm pretty sure we see this in the Bicycle Girl shorts that were on the Web between seasons, and I have to imagine, we've seen it on the show before now.

13. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

I'm telling you, the zombies are getting smarter. In the episode before last, when rick had those 3 walkers on top of him they pushed the gun out of the way as they tried to bite rick

14. Immolatus

I agree. I can't see for the life of me why would anyone go off and walk in the woods alone when the dead are everywhere, and then do it at night. WTF was Dale thinking? I'm surprised they don't have a bigger zombie problem with all the damn cows mooing.

And they really should be doing more. They already know the the other group has 30 men and are heavly armed. They know it's going to be a hard winter (the good thing is they are in the south, it gets cold but not like NY). Glen should be doing what he does best. they should be getting ready. 3 guys to look around town and get needed supplies. 1 in the car at the ready and 2 always together looking around in stores or at the local sheriffs offce to see about guns and such. But all they do is walk around the farm and eat food and waste toilet paper

15. Immolatus

I think it was the gut, so no bone in the way just Dale flesh

16. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

And now we know for sure...and knowing is half the battle...

17. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep....

although I have to say...the walkers were just waiting in the woods milling around? Find that a little strange but whatever!

Overall a great episode!!

18. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm starting to wonder how Rick and Lori kept that kid alive BEFORE the zombies. Seriously. WTF?

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

One thing I learned this season, if you're thinking about killing Rick do it right away because the sneaky bastard will lull you into your death otherwise.

20. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

:lol:

They barely even seem like parents. How the hell does Carl end up with an "it's not your fault" speech after sneaking off into the woods alone, stealing a gun, toying a zombie, and ultimately letting it lose to kill a member of the group?

The show seems to acknowledge Carl will never get a traditional childhood and the best Rick and Lori can do is keep him alive but then it totally softballs disciplining Carl for getting Dale killed.