DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Who is Didio blowing to keep his job as editor? What did DC do to deserve an editor that bad?

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

His boss is a woman. :lol:

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bruce has interacted with Kate since he's been back, and she kind of has his approval, but yeah she's not really fully been embraced yet.

Yep. Diane Nelson is his boss :)

4. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Dan Didio is actually the Publisher of DC Comics. As for who, maybe the CEO of Warner Bros.

5. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Editor or Publisher, the guy is an embarrassment and an anchor dragging DC down.

6. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought this might be up your street.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

That 60's stuff was really cookie. :)

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didio is actually Co-Publisher isn't he? Along with Jim Lee I believe.

9. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Well I will give a thumbs up to Forever Evil and a 50/50 for the villian issues overall. It was either love or hate with them so far with none of them in the middle ground. Count Vertigo being right at the top and Darkseid being at the bottom.

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I have to admit I am coming around to Green Lantern again. The Relic story line is starting to intrigue me and Green Lantern 23.1 actually added to the whole story quite well I thought.

As to the other Villain books that are part of my regular pull list, Superman 23.1, Flash 23.1 and Justice League 23.1 were all pretty decent, but I really didn't care for Batman 23.1 and felt Action Comics 23.1 was just so-so. I haven't read JLA 7.1 yet.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  11. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

12. Savage Dragon

That's too bad. I didn't initially pick up Aquaman but after reading the Throne of Atlantis tie-ins with Justice League I ended up picking up all the back issues I liked it so much.

13. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah... the REAL reason the Waynes were killed!

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'll probably stop reading Aquaman then. I was never hugely into it to begin with.

15. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

More changes!

Jeff Parker is Johns' replacement on Aquaman. Manapul and Bucellato are leaving The Flash.

16. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

This is too bad. Aquaman doesn't have a great history when it comes to staying power. Unless a really powerful writing team is put on the title, I can see it coming up for cancellation.

For example, if Johns had been the writer on Firestorm or Hawkman then Aquaman might have been the title to be cancelled by now.

EDIT: Sorry OdoWan, I posted this right after you. I am not familiar with Jeff Parker's work. What has he done? Any good?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  17. Savage Dragon

Damn. I really like the Flash. Whoever picks up for them has big shoes to fill as far as I'm concerned.

18. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Knew this day would come. Frankly pleased it's taken two years, thought it might happen at issue #12 or #18. Aquaman has long been a favorite of mine. Him being grossly treated as if he was just a giant seahorse riding fish talker by people stuck in the 80s with no understanding of the character made it fun to root for him also.

Here's to hoping we see an issue #50....provided DC doesn't reboot everything in another two years.

19. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

sad to see Johns leave Aquaman. i have faith in Jeff Parker though, usually enjoy his books. glad Flash will get a new creative team. maybe i can pick the book back up soon.

20. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Ugh, Jeff Parker. After the hatchet job he did to Gaiman's Eternal and 1602 and retconning Aaron Stack back to Data, I really am not looking forward to this. He'll probably retcon Mera back to her pre-Johns personality.