MLB Discussion - 2012 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

R.A. Dickey does it again. 9 innings pitched, 1 hit and 13 strike outs. He is now 11-1 and THE best pitcher in baseball. What a performance tonight, with only two walks. Simply amazin'

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ What an amazing game that was. R.A. is truly on fire this year. (Nobody's pitched back-to-back games of 1 hit or less since, what, Dave Stieb?) I would not be at all surprised if he's in the final running for Cy Young.

And it's about damn time Ike gets his due...poor guy's been struggling for so long.

3. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

I could kick myself for dropping Dickey in my yearly fantasy league back in May.

I still think Clemens is guilty, but the verdict doesn't surprise me. A high buck defense can usually win against a case with little evidence and iffy witnesses.

4. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

^I'm always against a kick in the Dickey.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Check out the Rays' "fauxback" uniforms that they'll be wearing for their 1979 "Turn Back the Clock" game.

Fantastic. :lol:

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  7. SmoothieX

The Mercury Mets!

Speaking of the Mets, what the hell is with them.

Swept by Yanks
    Sweep Tampa
    Swept by Reds
    Sweep the O's

Consistently inconsistent. They're f'd in the a this weekend.

8. Tom Hendricks

They had a few bad breaks and poor relief pitching with the Yankees, they should have won at least one game if not two of that series. However the Reds just dominated us for those games, they look like a formidable team.

I disagree with you, this series could go either way. We have Niese, Young and Dickey pitching this series. Niese will go against Pettitte. This is a toss up, we have a tough time against lefties by being such a lefty dominated team. Young vs Nova, we will loose this game big time. Young is the wrong kind of pitcher for Yankee Stadium, I predict he gives up several home runs. The RA Dicky vs CC Sabathia, this is a game everyone should watch. Again this is a toss up, I can see it being an intense game.

9. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Starlin Castro has more triples (seven) this season than he does walks (six). If he keeps this up, he'll have 14 walks at the end of the year, paired with 120 strikeouts.

Jesus Christ, Castro. [​IMG]

10. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ That was a lead-off triple last night, right? And they couldn't even push that run across.

I think they got way bigger problems than Castro's walk to strikeout ratio at this point.

11. SmoothieX

This series is at Shiti Field. CC vs. RA should be awesome. This whole power knuckleball thing Dickey has going on is wild. And CC is just awesome. But yeah, Chris Young may be 9' 16" tall, but he throws like my grandma, and she died in '97.

12. Tom Hendricks

^I mistyped that, I meant to say to Pitch against the Yankees. When I typed that, I knew they were playing at Citi. Maybe I thought they were playing at Yankee stadium. Oh well, thanks for pointing out my blunder, I am a Mets fan after all.

13. SmoothieX

Most Mets fan are a blunder

Though I am loving watching them nightly now that I am back in NY. A solid dose of Red Sox games for 4 years was no good.

But I will miss the Pats come football season. Time mother!$^**@# Warner doesn't show the NFL network, and my CBS afffiliate shows the goddamned Jets.

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Word is that Charlie Sheen - yes, that one - will join one of the Fox MLB broadcasts this weekend. :barf: Please, for the love of all that's holy, let it NOT be the Yankees/Mets game, because that's the one I'll be watching....

There's no football equivalent to MLB.TV? Ouch. I feel for ya, dude.

As for the Mets: Fans are all right. Frank Francisco should shut the hell up, though.

15. SmoothieX

Frank Francisco is a moron and I don't trust him to save a thing. Dude is the second coming of Armando BEnitez.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Didn't Francisco once throw a chair at a heckler in Oakland during a game? And ended up hitting the guy's wife instead?

Edit: Oh crap...Sheen's in the booth... :scream:

17. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

So Papelbon blew his first save yesterday, went back in the dugout and offered 5 grand to the player who gets a walkoff homerun against the Rays. First batter up, Jim Tome (yes, Jim Tome) hit a homerun to win it. That's pretty cool.

18. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

That is cool. I miss Papelbon. He's quite a character.

19. Mr. Laser Beam

20. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

You've less to worry about, he's on the DL.

Also, Youkilis traded to White Sox