Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jun 6, 2009.

1. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Howabout: The Pathetic Band Who Religiously Watch A Show Even Though They Know It's Bloody Awful.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

TPBWRWASETTKIBA

T'Peebee Warwah set kybar?

That's a fucking shit acronym.

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Too long to remember.

4. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

But unfortunately, right on target, I'm afraid!

:lol:

5. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

How about "Give in and become a saltgunner"? :evil: You'll be much more satisfied, you poor unfortunate Smallvillian faithful. ;) Contemplate it. Storyline continuity. Events that actually affect the characters and change their behavior in believable ways.

No Lana. Think of the possiblities. :D

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

There's no Lana in Smallville anymore either.

7. Dorian Thompson

When did that miracle occur? I remember tuning in early for my dose of saltgunning heaven a couple of times this season; I distinctly remember some Clark and Lana whining going on in the last five minutes. :lol:

8. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I AM METALLO MAN!!!!

[​IMG]

10. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

After a closer inspection of the picture, looks like there is something going on with his left arm there too.

11. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

KKKHHHHAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Guy Gardener

So Lana can drain his power supply dead just by approaching close enough to spit on him, but Clark still won't make the phone call no matter how much he gets his ass kicked?

Idiot.

13. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That Metallo pic was similar if not the exact image from the footage they showed at comic con. I think he looks awesome. Yeah it would make sense for them to bring back Lana/Kryptonite Woman back to help Clark defeat Metallo. I actually wouldn't mind that if they could keep themselves from writing angst in there. I doubt this will happen. I think Kristen has severed her ties with the show...but you never know.

14. Guy Gardener

She might have severed her connections with the Show because she thought that she would now be earning Street Fighter money and Street Fighter sequel money, hells could she have been dumb enough to assume that Street Fighter would evolve into a seven picture deal?

I just typed lana Lang into IMDB to see what Kristin is up to, just in case I am being too gloomy and doomy... 24 results turned up, top of the bill was the pretty red head from Superman the Motion Picture (Not even Stacy Hudak? C'MON!!!!) who had about 12 seconds of air time, second was Sarah Michelle Ghellar because she had a character on a soap with a similar name but Kristin wasn't anywhere on the page.

No legacy what so ever.

Oh.

So i type in her name, spelt wrong of course, which is why I went with Lana in the first place, and she's referred to as the actress from Eurotrip (great movie, even if we are supposed to think of little Dawny as a sex symbol.), a movie she was in for all of about 12 seconds as some douche bag (You know who you are.) sung a song about how Scottie doesn't care and she hung off him like a human cape lapping him with spare saliva.

Weirdly she has top billing in a TV version of Ben Hurr coming out in 2010. The IMDB page may have been put together by an idiot?

Besides.

If the suit went mental, started eating, killing or changing her, they could recast. Recast with a frakking redhead for frakks sake.

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

No doubt Kreuk is sitting pretty while the syndication money rolls in

Or she's working on her new movie Ben Hur filming in Morocco
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Guy Gardener

Movie? IMDB calls it a TV series, so I'm assuming it's a Miniseries. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I doubt any stuntpeople are going to die Charioteering time.

Hmmm.

Y'know how in 2001 that HAL is alphametrically one character sequentially lower than IBM? Of course you do. Well, in real life vs Smallville KK is is alphametrically one character sequentially lower than LL.

I'm not saying that she's going to go insane and kill people, but people just can't ignore signs and portents like this.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  17. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Lana stole a suit (well, some sort of combination of nanotechology, a suit and DNA alteration based on the various meteor freaks and Phantom Zone escapees Lex had captured) from one of Lex's labs that was designed to give him powers similar to Clark's (at least strength, durability and speed).

Unfortunately, Lex had designed it to absorb from Kryptonite radiation (obviously with the intention of using that advantage to defeat Clark if necessary).

After Lana stole it, Lex put a Kryptonite bomb on the roof of the Daily Planet building, which Clark couldn't go near. Lex left them with a choice, either Lana stopped the bomb and absorbed all of the radiation or Metropolis would be destroyed.

Obviously, Lana chose to stop the bomb, the suit absorbed all the radiation and now Lana is poison to him, as she can't take the suit off.

18. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

The End...
    What a good story...Wait!?!? There's more

19. Dorian Thompson

Huh. I'll be darned. That took some imagination, but doesn't that mean that the only reason Clark is with Lois is because he can't have Lana? What is it with the writers and that chick?

20. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Actually they'd already started toward Clark and Lois getting together at the beginning of the season.